Respected Contributor

Question about Skinn Daily Defense SPF 30

I want to use this every morning but I need a little more moisture on my face. Do I apply this over or under my Paula's Choice moisturizer? Or can I mix it in with my moisturizer before applying?
Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Skinn Daily Defense SPF 30

Moisturizer first, followed by the Daily Defense.  
There's also a separate Daily Defense for around the eye area, if you didn't know that.

Respected Contributor

Thanks JLF!
Super Contributor

hmmmmm.....I have always heard that a chemical sunscreen goes on FIRST as it needs to react with the skin to be effective.

A physical sunscreen definitely goes on last. 

Respected Contributor

@emma bunting  

This particular sunscreen can be worn after moisturizer and under makeup.

Collagenesis Daily Defense Sunscreen Serum:

• A light-weight, quickly absorbing sunscreen serum that helps provide SPF 30 and broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection from the sun's rays
  • Formulated with an advanced encapsulated delivery system for immediate and long-term moisturization as well as a full array of vitamins A, C and E to provide ongoing antioxidant benefits
  • Features oat beta-glucan, a powerful naturally derived anti-aging ingredient that perfectly complements this sophisticated sun protection formula by soothing skin
  • Fragrance-free and great for all skin types, this serum an easy and obvious addition to your skincare routine
  • Use it on your face, neck and décolleté for a non-greasy, long-lasting and beneficial defense against UV damage
  • Can be worn under makeup
  • Fragrance: No apparent scent/fragrance
  • Lightweight lotion texture
  • Comes in a squeeze bottle with cap

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Super Contributor

Thanks, @Gokat......But where does it say it can be used after moisturizer? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@emma bunting

Lol!  I guess it's an assumption that we moisturize before we apply makeup.  I can see this wasn't helpful enough for you.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I am late to the party about all of the Skinn talk this weekend. My DD was home with her hubby and baby.We were busy all weekend with my son and his family too. Took the babies to the zoo and other fun things. So I did not get on here at all to talk Skinn. I did manage to buy from my phone. I love this sunscreen. It is doesn't make your face white. I have dry skin and I always moisturize. Right now I am loving his Radiance Moisturizer and then I apply his SPF.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gokat wrote:

@emma bunting

Lol!  I guess it's an assumption that we moisturize before we apply makeup.  I can see this wasn't helpful enough for you.Woman Happy

The question is not whether we moisturize before makeup......it's whether we moisturize before or after we apply SPF.  At least that's what I was referencing. We might be answering two different questions here......a simple misunderstanding. No snark from me. Not sure about you?

Everything I've read says chemical SPF goes on clean skin first.......then moisturizer, makeup, etc. Physical sunscreen goes on after moisturizer as it would block the benefits of the moisturizer. 

Respected Contributor

No snark meant here. The reason I supplied the information on the Daily Defense was only to show its formulation differences and to clarify how Skinn has made it more usable and convenient. @emma bunting

Dimitri has formulated this one to be multi-purpose, light consistency, antioxidants, vitamins, hydrating, non-whitening so that it can be used over skincare; i.e. serums and moisturizers.  The user can then reapply over makeup throughout the day as needed. 

It would be considered a physical sunscreen, except this one has been improved upon with the non-whitening, added-benefits formula for more convenient day-to-day use.

I think we're on the same page. Woman Happy  As with so many things, technology, along with the voiced customer need, has produced improvements for us.  This is Skinn's version.Woman Wink