Valued Contributor

Hi all. I recently tried the SOB CC and found that it didn't work very well for my curly hair. Wasn't terrible, but made it more poofy than curly with a bit of frizz. I am wondering if I should even try the Summer Honey Peach. Do you find that if one seasonal doesn't work for you, they all don't? Any guidance you can give would be appreciated. This was my first time trying any of the seasonal CCs. Thanks in advance for your responses!

Respected Contributor

Re: Question about Seasonals

It's probably at least worth trying, if you think you'd like the scent Smiley Happy For some people all the seasonals work...for some none of the seasonals work...and for some it's a mix. It depends what it is about the SOB that your hair didn't respond well to. It might not have been moisturizing enough, in which case the SHP could be better. Do you use POM or 613? That could tell you if it's the soy or the protein that's the problem (which would mean it's less likely SHP would be better).
Valued Contributor

Hi WenGirl. My hair is great with 613 CC and pretty good with POM CC. A little touch of frizziness with the POM, but manageable.

Trusted Contributor

I'm interested in this topic also. I usually do fine with any Seasonal & POM. I think I don't do as well with 613. Just okay. But I have never stuck with just one CC for weeks and maybe I need to try that. I guess since these are all Soy-based I am wondering why 613 doesn't seem to work as well for me. I'm sure someone will say it's because of the Amino Acids. But I also do well with BGT and it has extra Amino acids too. (Maybe not as much though.)

Arianny, do you add some CC as a leave in, to your length? My SIL has long hair that in spots seems to be very dry. Specifically where she has perm damage and/or gray hair. She has to make sure to add extra CC is a leave-in to those areas to make sure they don't frizz.

KJPA
Esteemed Contributor

BGT isn't a seasonal, but it was new for me. It took 3 tries with different techniques before I found what worked for my hair. I did the same with SOB. The first try didn't work, but the second did.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

On 5/27/2014 Arianny said:

Hi WenGirl. My hair is great with 613 CC and pretty good with POM CC. A little touch of frizziness with the POM, but manageable.

Then it sounds more like a moisture level issue. I say give the SHP a try {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

For me, the seasonals work better than the core scents.

For reference, I have very thick, very heavy, loose curly hair. It is a few inches past my shoulders and color treated. It's not damage-neither dry nor oily.

613 is OK for me to use very sporadically, mixed with another CC. Too much and I get protein overload and frizz.

OP, you may need to mix in a richer formula, like Fig. A little oil mixed in with your leave-in might work too.

Respected Contributor

On 5/27/2014 KJPA said:

I'm interested in this topic also. I usually do fine with any Seasonal & POM. I think I don't do as well with 613. Just okay. But I have never stuck with just one CC for weeks and maybe I need to try that. I guess since these are all Soy-based I am wondering why 613 doesn't seem to work as well for me. I'm sure someone will say it's because of the Amino Acids. But I also do well with BGT and it has extra Amino acids too. (Maybe not as much though.)

Arianny, do you add some CC as a leave in, to your length? My SIL has long hair that in spots seems to be very dry. Specifically where she has perm damage and/or gray hair. She has to make sure to add extra CC is a leave-in to those areas to make sure they don't frizz.

I do think it's the amino acids. The seasonals have been described as a combination of POM and 613 (which I take to mean they have roughly half the added amino acids), and I'm assuming BGT is similar. I bet if you cut the 613 with POM or one of the wheat-based CCs you would do better with the 613 Smile My hair does great with the 613 if I really limit how much I use it (only every few cleanses and only 1-1.5 pumps mixed into my first cleanse, on ends/midshafts only, and followed with a 2nd cleanse with FIG for moisture). I can always tell from the frizz factor when I've overdone it.

Valued Contributor

Hi KJPA - yes, I always add CC as a leave-in after cleansing. WenGirl - I had heard that the seasonals were a combination between 613 and POM, so I was surprised that the SOB didn't work well for me. Maybe I will give the SHP a try - I can always return it if it doesn't work. HonnyBrown - what is the technique that you use with SOB to make it work for you? Just curious. And another question for everyone - do you use the seasonals for both cleanses or use other CC's along with the seasonals? Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

Arianny, on the weekends, I do extended cleanses: leave cleanse 1 under a shower cap for an hour or so, and do the same with cleanse 2. This works really well for 613 and Fig. Not so much for BGT and just okay with SOB.

My weekday cleanses are all in the shower. This works extremely well with BGT and TT and Fig.

What worked for SOB was a first cleanse of SOB (shower), second cleanse of SOB + 613 (shower), and ReMoist for a few hours. While it wasn't as impressive as BGT, my second day hair was pretty good.

For me, Wen has a learning curve. That's why I was so hesitant to try the seasonals. By the time I find what works, the bottle will be empty.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.