Frequent Contributor

Have very fine color treated hair. I wear it in a short Bob. Has anyone ever tried mixing a little conditioner  with a regular amount of  shampoo to cleanse ? Whenever I use conditioner separately, even just on the ends, my hair gets so soft it won't hold a style even with styling products.

Super Contributor

Re: Question... Need advice.

I have a similar problem, but my hair is not thin; it has good body, but it is so soft. I love the color (I quit coloring it a year ago.) and it is a natural white as snow. I'm 72, so the color made me look even older.

My stylist suggested I use very mild shampoo and just a dollop of rinse on the bottom only. Then rinse out quickly. I have been doing this and have no split ends, have the soft bob style and use only a flat iron to style.

Creme rinse weighs down hair so put just enough to get it untangled.

Good luck.

tea

Respected Contributor

You can mix the two or try a 2 in 1 product that combines shampoo & conditioner. I also have fine hair.  I use a little mousse before blow drying.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks.. I will try your method.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe you don't need a conditioner.

My hair is thick on my head, but the strands are fine.  Does that make sense?  I don't color it either.  I quit using conditioner decades ago because it always made my hair floppy and flat.  I realize every woman's hair is different, but have you tried going without conditioner? 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I have fine color-treated curly hair.  Hair cut is a few long layers for my curls.

I just started using Tweak-d (HSN) and from Sally's BTZ Beach Head Seaside Smooth for stellar smooth strands.  I am loving the results!!

I've only used both twice so far. I can't remember the last time I really liked my hair after at home shampooing.

Trusted Contributor

My hair is baby fine (not color treated, letting my gray grow out) and cut in a short bob.  I use Paul Mitchell's Extra Body Daily Rinse.  It is a very light conditioner which detangles my hair and doesn't leave it weighed down.  You can get a small 3.4 oz bottle at Ulta to try.

Frequent Contributor

I will give that a try too. Thanks.