Honored Contributor

Question -- Josie's Matchmaker Foundation

I recently purchased Josie's MM foundation during her 20% off.  If you own it have you ever experienced when you apply it with a brush that you actually have to rub it in with your fingers to get the color.  I applied it with a brush and went back & forth several times and I looked in the mirror and I was white.  Please help.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Question -- Josie's Matchmaker Foundation

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

I recently purchased Josie's MM foundation during her 20% off.  If you own it have you ever experienced when you apply it with a brush that you actually have to rub it in with your fingers to get the color.  I applied it with a brush and went back & forth several times and I looked in the mirror and I was white.  Please help.

I don't know if the kind of brush makes a difference.  The models in the video use a brush and it seems to work.  Even so, when I tried the Matchmaker Serum Foundation, I used my fingertips and feel it blends in better that way.  You really need to rub it to get the color to change and adjust to your skin.   That said, the sponge applicator that comes with the powdered compact version of Josie's Matchmaker Foundation works very well.  I prefer the powdered compact over the serum version.

ETA - Kat, by chance were you wearing a primer before applying the serum foundation?  Since the foundation has to blend with your own skin to get the color to adjust, I think a primer would interfere with that.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question -- Josie's Matchmaker Foundation

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I don't know if the kind of brush makes a difference.  The models in the video use a brush and it seems to work.  Even so, when I tried the Matchmaker Serum Foundation, I used my fingertips and feel it blends in better that way.  You really need to rub it to get the color to change and adjust to your skin.   That said, the sponge applicator that comes with the powdered compact version of Josie's Matchmaker Foundation works very well.  I prefer the powdered compact over the serum version.

ETA - Kat, by chance were you wearing a primer before applying the serum foundation?  Since the foundation has to blend with your own skin to get the color to adjust, I think a primer would interfere with that.

Yes, I was wearing a primer; however, I did try it later without a primer.and I really had tor rub it in.  I like it very much but the last time I had this product there was not all this rubbing.  Thanks for your response.

kindness is strength