Respected Contributor

QVC and HSN raises shipping on beauty .

It is now $3.50. I don't have a problem with it , but i wish they would fall in line with the other companies and offer free shipping over $50.00. When ever i have shipped anything back on my own it would be rare to send it back for less than $4 , so that is why the $3.50 doesn't bother me.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC and HSN raises shipping on beauty .

USPS just raised their rates. FedEx was suppose to raise theirs in Jan so I'm sure UPS has probably also raised their rates. Rate increases will continue to go up & get passed on to the consumers.

QVC will have to find a way to work around their shipping costs. I'm sure they have lost some business over their charges.

I will buy from some place that will put all my stuff in 1 box with 1 shipping charge on multiple items. 

Honored Contributor

My problem is that it's PER ITEM. Sorry. Nope. No way am I paying $13 for SHIPPING for 4 items that would cost me $3 or be FREE from another site. I think this is where QVC/HSN is failing in a big way; why pay for something when it's free or MUCH cheaper everywhere else?

Esteemed Contributor

Agree. That's why it's rare that I order anything Beauty from either QVC or HSN, the exception being the Mally TSV about a month ago. Very good value, about $5.00/item before shipping.

Valued Contributor

QVC better read these posts.  I agree with the other poster..... QVC is making money on the clients and they know it is not necessary.  TOO CHARGE SHIPPING ON EACH ITEM WHEN 4 ITEMS ARE SHIPPED TOGETHER IS DISGUSTING AND BAD BUSINESS.  I AM A HUGE QVC BUYER, BUT THAT IS OVER, VERY DISSATISFED WITH THE NEW CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS WHO DON'T LISTEN AND THEY SPEAK LIKE THEY ARE ALMOST LIKE A RECORDING.  NOT LIKE 20 PLUS YEARS AGO, BUT THIS SHIPPING FEES NEED TO END, OR THEY ARE GOING TO LOSE A GOLD STAR CUSTOMER

Honored Contributor

@tropics21 

If their shipping does change their prices will go up.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

My problem is that it's PER ITEM. Sorry. Nope. No way am I paying $13 for SHIPPING for 4 items that would cost me $3 or be FREE from another site. I think this is where QVC/HSN is failing in a big way; why pay for something when it's free or MUCH cheaper everywhere else?

I just ordered two items yesterday from a beauty vendor that presents here on QVC regularly.  I not only got free shipping, I also got a 10% discount.  I ordered yesterday and got an email today that the order has shipped already.

Those same two items, if ordered from QVC, would have cost me full price plus $7 shipping.  And I’d be lucky to get the order in two weeks.

QVC has its place, but I do agree that they need to get more competitive in certain areas.

Esteemed Contributor

Need a shopping basket approach for like items.  Not all that hard.  The box that one item comes in is big enough for my Chihuahua.  

Super Contributor

I agree with others that the shipping charge per item is a turn off and I think you still pay $6 if you want to return it. They need to figure out a cheaper way.

Honored Contributor

I think they need to offer bundle shipping, grouped by category, where you pay one shipping charge for an entire day's worth of shopping.