Respected Contributor

QVC-?/S/ In + ?Phil Fragranc Spray?

[ Edited ]

1)

Now, when I sign into this Forum, I'm required to sign into QVC ordering first.  Interesting tactic! 

(esp for someone who's temp sworn off QVC (until QVC get their "R/T. IT update Inventory Control" & "IT Dept" at least competent).

2)

So dutifully, as Q anticipated (congrats for any new IT sales action),

I'm now forced to sign in to QVC Ordering site, I just happened to check Beauty Sales, which is what sign in auto took me too!

I noticed:  QVC "Beauty Sales"  & clicked

"A12612    Philosophy super-size amazing grace spray fragrance 4 oz.

What the heck is "spray fragrance?"

If it's EDP, say it. (like u used to do, Industry Std)

If it's EDT, say it  (like u used to do, Industry Std) 

If it's Toilet Water, say it!  (like I havent seen u say)

But "spray fragrance?"  

C'mon  QVC!!      We're stupid?

Industry Std: 

QVC,  In case you didnt know %.

Cologne to Parfum:

your quick-read, easy guide to scent strengths

• Extract/extrait/solid perfume – 20-30%
  • Perfume – 15-25 %
  • Eau de Parfum (EDP) – 8-15%
  • Eau de Toilette (EDT) – 4-8%
  • Cologne (EDC) – 2-4%

But then again, who holds u accountable to any % ?  
    esp now with "spray fragrance?"  Dodging??
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC-?/S/ In + ?Phil Fragranc Spray?

@MakeUpMaidn - I wrote to Philosophy about this once, because on their own website, they don't make it clear.  The reply was that "spray fragrance" is EDT.

The only other designation they use is EDP.  (With the exception of their spritzes, if they still do those.)

So it's Philosophy that calls it "spray fragrance".  If it doesn't say, EDP, it's not perfume.

Respected Contributor

Pure Grace is not the same. Used for a long time. I no longer buy it. Actually it has been years.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn - I wrote to Philosophy about this once, because on their own website, they don't make it clear.  The reply was that "spray fragrance" is EDT.

The only other designation they use is EDP.  (With the exception of their spritzes, if they still do those.)

So it's Philosophy that calls it "spray fragrance".  If it doesn't say, EDP, it's not perfume.

~~~~~~~~~

@Venezia 

Since thru the years, QVC has always used/printed EDP or EDT, and now neither? 

My guess is, this "spray fragrance" is their own "made up" %  even below EDT. or dodge responsibility for %.   Otherwise, why change from EDP, EDT, NOW?

In the past, my Philosophy A/D sets, that started out incl EDP, crept in, became swapped out in EDT (instead of the original item A/D # EDP), in the same A/D Delivery # kits!  Pretty darn sneaky,

And it wasnt an accidental 1 time A/D EDT change in the same Phil A/D #, it continued with subsequent A/Ds of the same Item #! 

I only caught EDT, vs EDP, on the 4nd A/D delivery.  I looked back, at the 3rd A/D delivery, same A/D #, & they'd made that "swap" change only on the #3 & #4 A/D delveries, same A/D Item #.

I canceled that A/D instantly.   

Now, "spray fragrance??"  rofl

So no, I dont trust Q's "spray fragrance" here as EDT, regardless of what some Q person says "same as EDT" (that they used to always print on the bottle). 

They had to make a purposeful change in bottle printing, vs what they always printed on their EDP's & EDT's before. So why the change??

After allll these many yrs I've been a prolific, high volume purchaser of QVC items, they've taught me to be much, much more careful, until for some time, its not been worth my time to "babysit" QVC,  an all it's "problems"

Respected Contributor

"A544624

"philosophy melt-in body balm & EDT luxe duo Auto-Delivery

"A500889
philosophy melt-in body balm & EDT luxe duo

"A523591
"philosophy amazing grace lavender spray fragrance 2-oz edt

"A479754
"philosophy super-size grace fragrance spritz & edt spray

"A516242
"philosophy super-size grace fragrance spritz & spray Auto-Delivery

(And BTW, what % is QVC's "fragrance spritz??")

On my Prior, same, Amaz Grace A/D #s, described above, swapping out EDP, with EDT, on Deliveries #3 & #4?

Incompetency or Contriveness?  Does it matter?

In either case, I have to use my own, non-retrieveable time, & money, kindergarten babysitting QVC, with their cont'd problems with INEPT "R/T Inventory Control," and INEPT "Online IT" functions, now their own Qual Assurance.

I've been "working for," (but "not charging,")  QVC for too long  (And, additionally, been paying the item price, for this, heh, luxury)  Just IMHO.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MakeUpMaidn - Somewhere I still have the email from Philosophy's CS rep stating about "spray fragrance".

However, I've just looked at their website and I see they now specify EDT or EDP.  (Maybe in response to complaints!)

It could be that the bottles QVC has are older ones.  Other than that, I have no idea.  I only ever buy EDP, unless a body spritz comes in a set.

I have so much piled up, I'm not currently buying anything.

(If they changed the EDP to EDT on your subsequent A/D shipments, I'd definitely make a complaint about that.  You're paying for EDP.)