Honored Contributor

Once you have deep wrinkles,  does retin a work? I ask because i have not seen any improvement at all for 9 months now, none.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Once you have deep wrinkles,  does retin a work? I ask because i have not seen any improvement at all for 9 months now, none.

@goldensrbest.  If you have very deep wrinkles & are over 70, I doubt Retin A, if first started now, will eliminate very deep wrinkles. It does however, help to exfoliate/brighten/fade spots. Filler can be used on the deep wrinkles.

Valued Contributor

retin is good for it .

Honored Contributor

I use it and from what I understand is that it can sometimes take years to see a noticeable improvement of wrinkles, especially deeper ones. After all, those deep wrinkles took several years to get that way and to expect them to be reduced in a relatively short period of time is unlikely and that would require something else like fillers, lasers or surgery. Retin-A is just slow going but effective. 

Honored Contributor

I use to have no wrinkles,say 6 yrs.ago, but with all the stress i have had over the past 5 yrs,i feel this along with all the sun damage i had at young age,has just came to surface, just wondering, no money for fillers,or laser.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't give up on it now, if that's what you were thinking @goldensrbest. I would keep using it for longer.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use it and from what I understand is that it can sometimes take years to see a noticeable improvement of wrinkles, especially deeper ones. After all, those deep wrinkles took several years to get that way and to expect them to be reduced in a relatively short period of time is unlikely and that would require something else like fillers, lasers or surgery. Retin-A is just slow going but effective. 

@SilleeMee  It also depends on the age of OP. I doubt you can expect great results from Retin A if you’ve never used it and begin after age 70, for example. I began using it in my early 30’s when it was only used for acne...not yet approved for wrinkles. My derm had done the research and  knew the findings about the effectiveness of Retin A for anti-aging. He began writing my scripts then. I’ve been using it for 40 yrs. So, not very many wrinkles...certainly the few I have around my eyes are minor. 

Honored Contributor

I had used it years ago, like i said before on other threads ,when i had good insurance from my husband work ,i actuall had a terrible time with it back then ,but i still used it , this all has happened since my husands death in 2013.I will be 68 in december.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
@goldensrbest - don’t give up yet. As @SilleeMee stated, it’s a slow process and many benefits to using. In 5 years you don’t want to look back and say “what would my skin look like now if I kept using Retin A”.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest

I was fortunate to start using it early,(had a very savvy female derm), and I have oily skin, so two goodies in my favor.

Now this will likely get me popped on the nose by some, but I find that I must use enough to get a slight redness from the Retin-A cream I use. This assures the exfoliation I need for continued wrinkle care in some areas, such as neck.  Wozza what a sentence!

And, YES, I do believe that it WILL help with those wrinkles!  🍀 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras