Respected Contributor

Re: Purity Made Simple question

I've used Purity at least for 5 years and it doesn't irritate my skin, and leaves it soft and clean. Best facial cleanser for me by far.

Honored Contributor

I've used it for a very long time and like it a lot.  I have sensitive skin, but have no problems with this.  I order the big pump bottle and extra 8 oz. from the Nordies sale every year.  Mine should be here in a day or two.  I haven't liked the drugstore or dept. store ones any better either.

Trusted Contributor

sherrilz, I found out during a period when I didn't use Purity, the first time in years when I didn't, that the skin and allergy issues I was having was not due to the serums and moisturizers I was using but to Purity Made Simple.

Somewhere along the line the formula changed. Where once I thought Purity the only cleanser worth having I've had to face a few simple facts:

The ingredient deck contains a horrorendous cast of irritants and bizarre, totally unnecessary ingredients .  For more than 5 years I never paid attention.  Read the back of the bottle, you'll be amazed.

Purity has an odd odor

Purity stings so badly my eyes burn, turn red and dry-eye is aggravated so that i tear all day long as though I were crying constantly.

My skin rebelled by pouring out oil, my pores gaped, and I developed small, hard, stubbornly persistent blemishes.

Purity-free, my prestige serums have no adverse effects at all.  Complexion's clear, pores have diminished in diameter, my skin is no longer angry, oil production is at "normal" levels.

But..I reasoned:  everybody else loves Purity, it doesn't burn their eyes.  Look at the big ole jug you can get for only $55.00. It takes off all your makeup.  Silly isn't it ? ( No longer in denial, I've finally replaced Purity with a truly gentle, nonirritating gel cleanser)

I would like to encourage you to objectively evaluate your own unique skin and its reaction, or no, to Purity.

Contributor

CoG:

That's where I get tempted. It does take off all of my makeup pretty well and it doesn't burn my eyes.  But I do think I get more pimples from it.  I get like a form of cystic acne when I use it.  At least I think it's from this.  I get tempted by the value sizes on QVC and the immediate results after I wash my face.  But a day or two later, the pimples start.  So I'm not sure if it causes it or if by not using my acne stuff, I get a flare up.

Trusted Contributor

I tried this and I struck out. It left a film on my face and I subsequently broke out. I wouldn't suggest this for combination/oily skin. I ended up throwing the whole thing out.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Super Contributor

Cannot use Purity too harsh for my skin. 

Super Contributor

I've been using Purity (off and on) for a number of years. It doesn't break me out or irritate my eyes, and it's the one product that truly delivers on it's promise of an all-in one makeup remover (even on waterproof mascara). 

However, having said that - I don't think I will be repurchasing after my current 32oz runs out. In the last year or so, my skin has changed for no reason that I can discern. I now find Purity to be a tad on the drying side, and am exploring other options. 

Super Contributor

Purity breaks me out terribly. I'm okay for a couple of days, then the breakouts start. In my case I am sure the breakouts are a result of irritation. Purity contains a lot of potentially irritating ingredients.