Honored Contributor

ADC doesn't accept CC or PayPal either. @Texasmouse 

I've always used the eCheck option to pay. Never a problem.

Honored Contributor

Re: Purchasing Retin a

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Huh?  Retin-A is a prescription drug.  You can only get it if it is prescribed to you by a medical professional ( doctor)

I am concerned as to what you are actually getting.  Perhaps your sources are no longer taking cc because there is a " paper trail."  Something isn't right here.

This drug requires follow up visits and it has some bad side effects.  I find this concerning.

Just get an RX from a doctor and be safe.

Retin-A is a prescription drug in the US.  The labeling from these sources are foreign but the product itself is legit.  Like you, @Carmie, I used to be leery about them, but took a chance and they are perfectly fine.  

I would never get RX drugs from another country, except Canada. They are not regulated and who knows what is in them?

I suppose they are fine, until they aren't. I am not a risk taker with my health.

There are many people who cannot afford the cost of their regular monthly meds in the USA so they use these alternatives to make it possible for them to maintain their health. My RetinA  (Tretinoin) is OTC in Mexico, likely other places too.  Furthermore, even if purchased with a prescription in the USA, the actual medication is very possibly,  maybe even likely, manufactured elsewhere...Mexico, Canada, India, China.  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee oops, I guess I remembered wrong. I could've sworn it was you who said they accepted credit cards!

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee  I did have one issue with ADC.  When I first ordered by E Check, they double debited the amount of the order and it took a bit for me to get it corrected and my money returned.  After that, no other problems.

I read about all the dental work you just had, hoping you recover and feel well soon.

Honored Contributor

I've been buying my retin a from Tara for many years, based on hearing about it on this board.  I previously had paid a lot more to buy it at the derm's office. 

I can confirm that it's the same product.  I believe it ships out of Los Angeles.  I usually buy two at a time, so haven't purchased recently.  Last time, I know I couldn't use a cc, but the alternate method was good. 

Honored Contributor

@Tsukiko wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl Curology may be an option for you. It's one of many online RX skin care sites where you speak with a real provider and get a customized skin care product based on your needs. You can pay through credit card or PayPal. It's a subscription service but you can pick or skip your payments. 

@Tsukiko   Being able to skip payments is a red flag to me. Also, whether or not they "customize" your skincare, Retin A should be monitored in person, perferrably by a derm that  issued the RX.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Tsukiko wrote:

@Abrowneyegirl Curology may be an option for you. It's one of many online RX skin care sites where you speak with a real provider and get a customized skin care product based on your needs. You can pay through credit card or PayPal. It's a subscription service but you can pick or skip your payments. 

@Tsukiko   Being able to skip payments is a red flag to me. Also, whether or not they "customize" your skincare, Retin A should be monitored in person, perferrably by a derm that  issued the RX.

I don't understand the red flag comment. The medication is prescribed by a Dr or PA after filling out a questionnaire and submitting photos for them to analyze. They send a 2 month supply but it lasts longer than that for me so instead of having them send me another bottle after 2 months, I have the date changed so I get the new bottle right when I'm close to running out. My provider checks in with me periodically to see how I'm doing and if I need a change in prescription.

Recently I needed to see a medical doctor to discuss issues with my sciatica and I was able to do the entire exam online from my home. It seems to be the norm now to see a provider online for certain things rather than having to go in.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Huh?  Retin-A is a prescription drug.  You can only get it if it is prescribed to you by a medical professional ( doctor)

I am concerned as to what you are actually getting.  Perhaps your sources are no longer taking cc because there is a " paper trail."  Something isn't right here.

This drug requires follow up visits and it has some bad side effects.  I find this concerning.

Just get an RX from a doctor and be safe.

Retin-A is a prescription drug in the US.  The labeling from these sources are foreign but the product itself is legit.  Like you, @Carmie, I used to be leery about them, but took a chance and they are perfectly fine.  

I would never get RX drugs from another country, except Canada. They are not regulated and who knows what is in them?

I suppose they are fine, until they aren't. I am not a risk taker with my health.

@Carmie I know my Vet suggested getting my cat's asthma drugs from outside the country because of the high cost.  They use some of the same drugs as people do.  Of course Canada was the one mentioned, but many people in the Feline Asthma support group I was in got their meds from India.  It did require a prescription which you could FAX to them.  If I remember correctly, In-House pharmacy was a favorite.  My cat wouldn't accept the inhaler so I had to just go with putting him in a box with nebulized albuterol which is cheap in the US (but only a rescue option) and giving him Prednisolone which can cause diabetes, so I only made one order from a Canadian pharmacy.

Trusted Contributor

I also recommend Curology.  I have purchased from trentinoin from ADC before but was happy when I switched to Curology.  My provider is very responsive and helpful.  It's also nice that you can make small increases in strength instead of going from .025 to .050, etc.  

Contributor

I get mine through Amazon pharmacy.  The price is much less than I can find anywhere.