Honored Contributor

Re: Proper Cleansing Makes a Difference

@JeanLouiseFinch 

misting between everything

I do that too!  I'm still using Missha First Treatment Essence 5x.  That man could tell me to smear my face with donkey poo and I'd do it Smiley Happy  Talk about dreamy!  I haven't listened to Robert and his pod cast tonight.  One of few men who can get away with whining and look sexy while doing it Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

James mentioned one time to do your evening routine earlier than bedtime so you don't run the chance of being too tired and going to bed without doing it.  I think I've missed two times.  I still enjoy it so much that I look forward to sitting at my vanity and either listen to music or watching YT vids on my Nest Hub.  Did you see his video on his holy grail items?  I don't think I need any of them since I'm happy with what I'm doing.  I already use the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow and CosRX snail snot.  I do think I'll order the CosRX Circa 7 for if/when I do get some troubled areas.  

Honored Contributor

I was getting pretty lazy about my skin too, just the bare things ---and boy does it show!! so back to my Mia at night then the night time skin care and the  during the day adding spf. have pretty nice skin at age 67, thanks to good genes,  but it was looking pretty rugged--taken me a few months tho-----

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I do that too!  I'm still using Missha First Treatment Essence 5x.  That man could tell me to smear my face with donkey poo and I'd do it Smiley Happy  Talk about dreamy!  I haven't listened to Robert and his pod cast tonight.  One of few men who can get away with whining and look sexy while doing it Smiley Happy

@monicakm @JeanLouiseFinch 

Sorry to bust into your comments, but I was curious about the comment, misting between everything. I have wanted to incorporate rose water in my routine and have been wondering when would I do that? I double clense at night, then use PC BHA Liquid Exfoliant, then my moisturizer. Would I mist w/ rose water after the BHA and before the moisturizer to see the best results or after the cleansing? TIA.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kate2357 wrote:

@monicakm wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

@monicakm @JeanLouiseFinch 

Sorry to bust into your comments, but I was curious about the comment, misting between everything. I have wanted to incorporate rose water in my routine and have been wondering when would I do that? I double clense at night, then use PC BHA Liquid Exfoliant, then my moisturizer. Would I mist w/ rose water after the BHA and before the moisturizer to see the best results or after the cleansing? TIA.

No worries, @kate2357.  Welcome to the conversation!  I use my rose water primarily in the morning but you can use it AM and PM, if you like. That would be really good for your skin. I keep mine in a continuous mist spray bottle (cheap on Amazon). My first spritz is immediately after cleansing, like a toning step, and then in between any following steps. In your description of your PM a routine, I don't think it matters to that large of a degree, which order you do it in, since both are liquidy.  If the BHA a is thicker or oilier, I'd do that second.  One thing I will mention, though, is to research the rose water you choose.  Some brands are very deceitful by having a water mixture with rose scent added to it rather than a true distillation of the rose petals.  Heritage is a popular  brand and lots of people like it, but it's not a true distillation, it's water with rose oil added.  If that's what you want, fine.  Just know what you're buying. 👍

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thank you for your reply. I was considering ordering ordering the Rose Water Toner by Teak Naturals. The information indicates they use a distallation process. Again, thank you for your assitance on how to use the rose water. Hope you have a fabulous day.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

My skin is actually doing better w/o all of the cleansing I normally do to remove makeup and sunscreen. I haven't been going out much and that means less makeup and sunscreen so most of my cleansing is done with just a washcloth and water to rinse off any skincare products which I have applied the night before. My skin looks healthy and glowing. It hasn't looked this good in a while I have to say.

Honored Contributor

I look so darn old, will be 70, all the years,have really  showed up on my face , if i could afford  getting something done , i would,but can not, so have to live with it. And i think stress has really done a job on me.Woman Sad

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

I must be the exception ... I have resistant skin. No matter what I do, i never see a difference. I have tried all the lines, and nothing.  So I do the very minimal! 

@Skyegirl21 

You're not the only one. I've tried lots of lines and proven ingredients. Nothing completely solves my skin issues.

Paula's Choice BHA has helped some, but I truly believe genetics, stress, & other health issues play a huge role. I keep trying new products and formulations, but I have yet to find any product I would rave about. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch I agree re cleansing!  So important.  I must be doing something right with my skin care.  A few weeks ago I was out with my DD who is 43 and I'll be 67 in August.  We got our drinks and as she lifted her glass and said "here's to you Mom" our waitress came over and said "You're her mom!  I genuinely thought you were sisters!  You have gorgeous skin."  I was like Wahoooo!!!  I know a lot of it is genes - thank you mom and dad - but I also try and take good care of my skin.

Thanks to all of you who have made recommendations and reviewed products, etc., because I've tried a lot of things that I now use because of posts I've read here.