Super Contributor

Problem With Pump, Help Please

I just received the 32oz Cranberry Mint yesterday. Very exciting, my first big size :-)

I got four pumps and then it stopped working. What do I need to do? I tried taking it out and putting the pump back in, but it still won't bring any product up. I contacted customer service and they are sending me a new pump. BUT, I want to use it, lol

Respected Contributor

Re: Problem With Pump, Help Please

Just make sure that The pump is actually together so that it has suction. Take it out of the bottle and try to clean it off some. Push the tube into the bottom side of the pump gently. Once I found it had come apart just a little bit. When you put it back in if it doesn't work, turn the pump a few turns in one direction. If it doesn't work, reverse it then try a few turns in the other direction. When you are pumping occasionally you can twist it into a position it won't pump in. Those are my only 2 suggestions.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

I have found the WEN pumps marginal. In fact I always save one just on case in my fury, I break it. I know I have at least one that was working!
Super Contributor

Try pumping while holding the bottle upside down. You may even need to give the bottle a squeeze. I learned this ""priming the pump"" secret years ago when I returned a perfume to the makeup counter because it had stopped spraying. Works for creamy things too.
Trusted Contributor

Call CS. I had the same problem. I called,they sent me a new pump. Good luck.
Respected Contributor

On 1/25/2015 wmsbgshopper said: I have found the WEN pumps marginal. In fact I always save one just on case in my fury, I break it. I know I have at least one that was working!

I have never had any problems with the Wen pumps but this is definitely a good idea if you do receive a defective pump to save at least one that is working properly.