Valued Contributor

In search of a new make up primer. I have loved Laura Mercier Radiance Makeup Primer, but I guess they have discontinued it. Can't find it anywhere. Thanks for your suggestions. Hope everyone is staying healthy.

Honored Contributor

Hourglass Primer!  

Honored Contributor
What kind of foundation do you use? Sometimes that makes a difference.

I’ve used an assortment of primers. I’m currently using a powdered foundation and get really nice results when using Tweak’d all-purpose cream as my primer. You only need a little bit.
Valued Contributor

I believe Laura Mercier reformulated their primers and I haven't tried them as yet. I'd recommend the Hourglass primer, it's pricy but worth it. My favorite primer is the Smashbox Photofinish Pore Minimizing primer (there are several to choose from).

Respected Contributor

Re: Primer for my face

[ Edited ]

I just started using Hourglass Primer Serum 28 and love it. This really is more suited for dry skin. Not sure what your skin type is. Also Laura Mercier revamped her primers. I also have her Pure Canvas Primer Hydrating. She has several in that Pure Canvas lineup.BTW with the Hourglass I only use one pump and it's plenty. Another one that I love is Josie's Surreal Balm. It's a rather small size but you don't need much. It really gives a beautiful flawless look.

Respected Contributor

Re: Primer for my face

[ Edited ]

The very best primer I have found, and I've tried a lot of them (Hourglass, Tatcha, Laura Geller...) is Dr Brandt's "pores no more PORES REFINER PRIMER" 

True to it's name, it helps with pores and dries to a smooth velvety finish, makeup or powder just glides over.  There's nothing like it.  Dr Denese's Day Cream is kind of close, but that formula changed and I can't use it anymore.

It is not quite as expensive as Tatcha or Hourglass, but they have a buy one get one free special right now.  I got an email about it and it gave the free one to me at check out, plus a sample, so I'm assuming it may work for anyone, with no code needed.

I have found some of these primers are no more than a moisturizing lotion with cones that does nothing for smoothing your skin to put makeup over, which doesn't work for me.

But, as with everything, it depends are what type you are looking for and what ends up working for you!

Honored Contributor

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is by far the best I have ever used.  

I'm not a big primer person though unless I wear a powder foundation.  I have heard very good things about the ELF putty primers.  I have also heard very good things about the Revlon Photoready Prime Plus primers and the Hard Candy primers, if you prefer drugstore.

Valued Contributor

I agree that Dr Brandt's "Pore No More" is outstanding! To compare, I've used Laura Gellar, Tatcha, It, smashbox brands. The one that I have found to be a close second (for my skin at least) is Benefit porefessional.