Respected Contributor

Primal pit paste...Anyone use?

I ordered this on Amazon because it had good reviews.  I like the idea of organic type deoderants but not found anything fool proof.  Lavanilla does not work for me and Toms of maine is just adequate but not something I can count on.

Respected Contributor

Re: Primal pit paste...Anyone use?

Never heard of it, but  I would be very interested in knowing how it works for you. I prefer to only use organic products as well. It has excellent reviews!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

I'd be interested as well....
Trusted Contributor

I tried something called "Pit Putty" from an online organic skincare store. I liked it as no Aluminum and no chemicals. The name of the store escapes my brain at the moment but I found the Pit Putty" to work well and easy to apply. Hope you find one that works well for you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have not tried this particular brand but I did try a similar "pit paste" by Schmidts (see below- they have several scents- I am just showing two) and I did not find it worked very well- no better or worse than other more "natural" type deoderants but a bit messier/inconvenient due to the application method.  I see they now make a stick in Schmidts so I may try that one of these days. Let us know what you think about this particular pit paste.

ETA: what scent did you get @chiclet?

Honored Contributor

Have you tried making your own?  

I've been wearing my own handmade deodorant for the last 4 yrs.  

So easy. So clean. So cheap.

Greatly reduced container/packaging footprint.

No additives or add'l chemicals.

Most organic deodorants purchased will have the same ingredients as handmade...a drying agent, oil & and a bacterial agent.

Homemade deodorant is a fairly popular topic, so here's one of my responses & a link to that thread:

I use a recipe of:
1/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup coconut oil
5 drops of tea tree oil
Optional add'l extract oil for fragrance

This makes enough for 2-3 small jars...which lasts close to 5 months!! The 'looseness' of your mixture can vary from season to season...ie. It will be creamy in the summertime & very hard in the winter, but I've never had it stain any of my clothing...it melts right into your skin. So easy & cheap...and a much, much better alternative than anything you can buy.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/2-Ingredient-DIY-Deodorant/m-p/1812478/highlight/true#M407257

Honored Contributor

I use EO brand but its just a deodorant, not an antiperspirant.  I use it on non-work days.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Do Not Make Your Own Baking Soda Deodorant!  Really, really bad idea.  The ph of baking soda is about an 8.  The sensitive skin of underarm needs about a 5.  Most people will get a skin reaction to to such an alkaline ph, some quite severe.  You can use the following link as a first step to your own informed research.  

http://www.lisaliseblog.com/2012/10/why-your-diy-baking-soda-deodorant-is.html