Honored Contributor

I find Sephora has a good one that takes everything off easily..... It's their own brand.

Respected Contributor

i use pure acetone (in a scrubby tub) all the time.  i also have one scrubby tub that has the acetone, but i have added glycerin to it.  every other time, i use the one with the glycerin.  also, as soon as i'm done removing the polish and have washed my hands, i immediately put a nice thick coat of oil on the bare nail.  let it sit for 10-20 minutes and just lightly rub off the excess with a towel.  then immediately start with your base coat.  

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 My opinion is that 100% acetone is overall the best and safest way to go. The alternatives used in non-acetone removers can have safety profiles that are worse than acetone. Plus, because they are not as effective, you are exposed to them for a longer period of time and/or more likely to use excessive force to remove the polish. 

A tip for removing dark colors...allow your acetone soaked piece of cotton ball to rest on the nail and loosen the polish, the pull straight down the nail, from the cuticle area to the tip. Keep using fresh cotton ball till the polish is completly wiped away. The idea is to keep the removed polish on the cotton ball rather than smearing it all over your skin. 

Once the polish is removed, wash your hands and give your nails and skin a good soaking with cuticle oil and allow it to soak in. Before applying polish you'll need to remove any oil on the nail surface by wiping them down with pure acetone.

Honored Contributor

@juperier wrote:

@QVCkitty1 My opinion is that 100% acetone is overall the best and safest way to go. The alternatives used in non-acetone removers can have safety profiles that are worse than acetone. Plus, because they are not as effective, you are exposed to them for a longer period of time and/or more likely to use excessive force to remove the polish. 

A tip for removing dark colors...allow your acetone soaked piece of cotton ball to rest on the nail and loosen the polish, the pull straight down the nail, from the cuticle area to the tip. Keep using fresh cotton ball till the polish is completly wiped away. The idea is to keep the removed polish on the cotton ball rather than smearing it all over your skin. 

Once the polish is removed, wash your hands and give your nails and skin a good soaking with cuticle oil and allow it to soak in. Before applying polish you'll need to remove any oil on the nail surface by wiping them down with pure acetone.

@juperier, Thank you , your advice makes sense.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor
Zoya Remove. Hands down the best!
Esteemed Contributor

I use A.S.K. polish remover on the Q.  It takes off  everything and conditions my nail at the same time.

Trusted Contributor

I purchased Zoya on Amazon and was absolutely amazed how quickly it took off my nail polish.  It is the best!

Regular Contributor

Re: Polish Remover

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1    You'ge gotten some good advice from the ladies here.

Along with twinny78, panda 123, and fresa, I find the TIPS (or ASK, it's the same brand) remover to be fabulous.  One soaked cotton ball does both hands.  I let the pad sit for a bit on each nail then just pull down from the cuticle to the end and the polish is gone.  The TIPS remover leaves a slight oily residue which I leave alone while I do a cuticle treatment.  Then I wash and dry and re-do the polish.  At night I use the TIPS treatment while I'm watching tv.  This has kept my dry dry dry hands passable during the north country cold winters.  I'm sure you'd like the product, too.

Respected Contributor

I have very fragile nails, and can't use polish on my fingernails at all.  I can use it on my toenails, which are thicker, but HATE removing it.  For this reason, I recently bought a pale pink polish.... it's not as noticable as it's growing out, and I don't have to attend to it often!

Respected Contributor

I also use the T.I.P.S. remover.  I don't have to use much and it removes everything.  It also conditions the nail bed and cuticle.