Honored Contributor

I keep polish on my nails most of the time, but it is getting harder and harder to remove it. I've tried different kinds, but they don't seem very effective, especially with darker polish. Do any of you  have  any recommendations for a good remover??  💅🏻💅🏻💅🏻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I use pure acetone. But it can be hard on your nails if you use it all the time.

Honored Contributor

I buy mine at Sally's.

Honored Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

I use pure acetone. But it can be hard on your nails if you use it all the time.

@Sister Golden Hair Thanks, I think that I'll risk it, because doing my nails has become a pain.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Contributor

I use a rubberized base coat by Orly, on my natural nails, that makes the nail polish very easy to remove, even with non-acetone remover, and the polish rarely chips.  My nails are not stained by dark polish either. HTH

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@Sister Golden Hair Thanks, I think that I'll risk it, because doing my nails has become a pain.

A lot depends on what you use to polish your nails with! Gel polish? Try "breaking" the seal by rubbing an emery board gently across the tops of the nails. Try the same thing if you use a very tough top coat. You can also pull some cotton off a cotton ball, soak in remover, and put on each nail, secure it with foil and let it sit for a while. If these don't work, there's always acetone!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

I get the Ulta brand, works best for me on all polishes.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I love T.I.P.S. sold by QVC.  I just bought 2 bottles of it at the Q Studio Store on our way home from vacation.

Regular Contributor
ONYX Professional 100% pure acetone polish remover!!! I had the same problem as you and came across this brand at the grocery store (Meijer) but it looks like Walmart also carries it. It is the only kind I buy now and it is very inexpensive. I can get almost all of my dark polish off with one saturated cotton ball. It takes it right off. I was skeptical but thought I would give the brand a try. Works like a charm. I used to buy Cutex and all the house brands. None of them worked like this brand.
Respected Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

I love T.I.P.S. sold by QVC.  I just bought 2 bottles of it at the Q Studio Store on our way home from vacation.

This is the only remover I use. It is a little $$$ but a small amount does the job. In fact, I use one cotton ball for both hands.