Super Contributor

Re: Plum shade lipstick, any favorites, not too dark in color

Take a look at Heather Moon in Clinique... It's an easy color to wear... Favorite of all the shades.  Could be considered a plum look but not to dark or light...

Frequent Contributor

MAC Plumful is one of my all time favorites.  A nice every day plum.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all SO much!

Lots of different brands, it will be fun looking them up on line & finding in stores to see in person...

You all rock!

Esteemed Contributor

I like that Fresh berry color, too and it makes my lips feel good, too.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I avoid plum ..... it's just not flattering on a lot of skin tones.

@Tinkrbl44  LOL - so why did you respond?  Sorry, your post just struck me as funny when the original poster asked for plum lipstick recommendations. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

My favorite lipsticks are all MAC! I love Sequin, Plum Daddy and used to wear Odessey long ago...may have to try it again...Odessey is in the middle...Sequin I think is on top...it is a plummy pink (frost)mac_sku_M3003N_640x600_0.jpgmac_sku_M3002N_640x600_0.jpg

mac_sku_M300CN_640x600_0.jpg

Regular Contributor

@pink brownie wrote:

Fresh has a sugar lip balm in many shades that I love but one of my faves is berry that is a plum tone and not too dark at all. I especially love it in the fall and winter. 

you beat me to it, pink brownie !  I was about to make the same suggestion.  Lovely sheer, moisturizing color that brightens the face, not a dark browny-plum at all.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I avoid plum ..... it's just not flattering on a lot of skin tones.

@Tinkrbl44  LOL - so why did you respond?  Sorry, your post just struck me as funny when the original poster asked for plum lipstick recommendations. Smiley Happy

Um, because I see a lot of women wearing plum to match some outfit and it looks really awful on their skin.   Is that okay with you?

Honored Contributor

OCC Hootchie

They've discontinued the original tube and brush applicator. What still remains on their website is now $6.00! (originally 18). This one I purchased for my daughter and Roller Girl for myself which is on the blueier side of purple instead of red (looks fabulous on)

I'm really digging the liquid lipsticks and have recently discovered Jeffree Star; good stuff! Not drying at all  but dries quickly to a matte finish. No transfer either..

Respected Contributor

I wear plum and mauves also.  I picked up a few Revlon  ones and they are quite nice