Honored Contributor

Re: Please tell me. What you use instead of Wen that doesn't strip hairccolor?

On 4/5/2015 jmtdfs1 said:
On 4/5/2015 jaxs mom said:

I never found any shampoo that didn't end up fading your hair color.

Same here. I think it's inevitable no what you do. You can mix color glazes or even hair dye without the developer as part of a weekly treatment (say with Remoist or whatever you choose to use). Otherwise, fading is just the nature of coloring one's hair - unfortunately.

Well, I don't get fade with Wen. And I do only color my roots, I don't run color through my ends and my hair is hip length. But I always had color fade with shampoo.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I use John Frieda's Sheer Blonde products. I lighten my hair just a couple of shades.

Respected Contributor

Pureology - but I am not sure it is overall less expensive than WEN.

Hyacinth

Contributor

Thats not a fair compairison, I am pretty sure you all use several different brands of haircolor, live in different climates and have different water types and different ethnic hair, SHAMPPOO and conditioner arent the only contibuting factors to fading hair color

Respected Contributor

On 4/5/2015 Q4U said:

I've just ordered and fallen in love with Nick Chavez' Mesquite Shampoo and Conditioner! Today is my fourth day of using it and I'm stunned at how manageable and back to normal my hair is... it's also supposed to not strip hair color. My hair did not do well with WEN and after six months of really, really trying, I quit. It's now been about six or seven months without WEN (I used Suave again until I decided to try NC).

I am VERY happy with Nick's Mesquite products.... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

OH... one more thing. It has little to no scent! So light that I thought there wasn't a scent, but there's a very faint fresh smell. FINALLY.... I'm really tired of the headache-inducing very strong scents everyone seems to be putting in shampoos of late...

Did you know that Nick makes a sulfate free shampoo on his website? Would be nice to see it here.
Contributor

I use Pureology too and love it. It doesn't fade my color, but it's definitely more expensive than Wen. I get mine at Ulta.

Honored Contributor

If you're happy with conditioning cleansers but want a less expensive alternative, consider just using a regular conditioner and not a shampoo at all. Many people have been doing this for years. Before I started using WEN, I used several different conditioners to wash my hair. Suave and White Rain conditioners worked well to wash my hair and were super cheap, but they weren't very moisturizing and my hair gets REALLY dry. I needed to use a conditioner after I washed my hair with either of those and would use a more expensive and heavier conditioner after the Suave/White Rain. In the end, that's why I moved to WEN - I was still replacing two products with one.

My favorite combo was Suave Coconut conditioner to wash and then Matrix Biolage Ultra Conditioning Balm afterward.