Trusted Contributor

Re: Please...please...please

@Memebell wrote:

Lordy, Lordy, I didn't realize this was going to get a few of you worked up in such a dither....haha.    I just said please don't!    I still feel that way and it's not really a complaint, it's an opinion on the presentation.  

"Please....please...please,",  dont over react to simple comments.    Chill or move on to another post.

P.S.   And no worries,ladies, I did turn the channel....immediately.   It's one thing for a model to demo, another for both hosts to start scaling dead skin away.   Most of us get can get the idea from one proper demo.    

@Memebell - Not something I care to watch either. I was going through the channels and saw this program and moved on. JMO

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Memebell wrote:

Please...we do not need to see you file your feet on tv.      It is really gross to watch.

@Memebell   I remember a few years ago, there was a battery operated foot scraper...can't remember the name. It seemed all the female hosts filed their feet over a towel to demo how much skin came off. I agree that some things can be disgusting to watch, but how else can they show these things take the skin off the feet? They're trying to sell the them. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Memebell wrote:

Please...we do not need to see you file your feet on tv.      It is really gross to watch.

@Memebell   I remember a few years ago, there was a battery operated foot scraper...can't remember the name. It seemed all the female hosts filed their feet over a towel to demo how much skin came off. I agree that some things can be disgusting to watch, but how else can they show these things take the skin off the feet? They're trying to sell the them.

@The OP later clarified that it's sufficient for the model(s) to demonstrate the product, but why do all of them, host included, need to demonstrate; one is enough, and that's for the model, or even the vendor if she so chooses.

I agree with you that a demo is important in trying to sell the product - I purchased one years ago, and love it - Not sure if it's the same brand as I changed the channel. Personally, I think just having a model demonstrate its usage/benefits is enough - Not my favorite show to watch three or four people scraping their feet. JMO

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@Memebell wrote:

Stop complaining to people who cannot help you. Call customer service or management at QVC and complain to them. Or maybe, just turn the channel, but stop complaining on the boards. We do NOT want to hear it. This is your personal problem. I want to see how the product works.Smiley Happy

unfortunately, CS is not a pathway for that nor is there a valid contact method for "suggestions" so talking about it here is the next best thing.  you can't message Q on Facebook , crickets, 

and yes it is gross, computer graphics are used for toilet spray, microdermabrasion why not this 

Honored Contributor

Actually for the microdermabrasion skincare products, the hosts and models also use it live on air, all the time.  They put the head of that device up close to the camera to show the grey dead facial skin they took off.  I don't recall stomach-churning posts about that.  

Frankly, the couple of minutes they're filing the dead skin off their feet doesn't bother me.  

The only time it eewwwed me out was years ago.  Nancy Hornback and Jayne Brown were co-hosting while sitting at a table with their cups of coffee.  Nancy was using that battery operated heel exfoliation device.  When she was done, Nancy blew her heel to reveal her renewed skin, and all her dead skin blew over to Jayne.  Jayne tried to keep it classy on air, but she did tense up and say, "well that ended my coffee!"  Nancy just laughed it off loudly, but you could tell Jayne was not happy one bit.

Esteemed Contributor

I knew there would be very negative responses about this demo - one host presented it in a dignified manner - the other person was sawing her foot like it was a tree trunk.

I left the room............

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

fthunt Smiley LOL now that made me laugh!  good one

No thought is worth thinking.....
Respected Contributor

I thought the demonstration was quite satisfying.
Trusted Contributor

DI always want to see how things work before I buy them. Considered it rather nice of the presenter to show and tell.

Esteemed Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@Memebell wrote:

Stop complaining to people who cannot help you. Call customer service or management at QVC and complain to them. Or maybe, just turn the channel, but stop complaining on the boards. We do NOT want to hear it. This is your personal problem. I want to see how the product works.Smiley Happy

@RealtyGal2her opinion didn't bother me one bit.  Speak for yourself.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life