Honored Contributor

Physician's Formula Healthy Foundation

I ordered this foundation and was unsure because for one thing it's very hard to pick out the right shade in person let alone on line!  However, I am really liking this stuff so far.  Granted its only been a week, but I am impressed with it at this point.  It is in a glass bottle with a doe foot applicator.  The foundation is a bit thicker and this was something I wasn't sure I would like at first.  But now it is a point that I really like!  It is thicker but not heavier!  It covers really well without being heavy.  I have stuff to cover --- redness from roscea and broken caps and it does a really good job.  On the few place that one swipe does not cover enough I merely dot a bit more on.  I find that I only use a dab of powder on my nose and chin.  With other foundatiions I use total powder all over.  It feels nice on the skin -- not greasy or heavy.  And somehow --- don't ask me how --- I managed to pick just the right shade.  In fact, this is the best match in foundations I have made in eons!  Just a shout out if you might want a new foundation to try!  Not expensive either. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Physician's Formula Healthy Foundation

I have this too! I generally keep about 6 foundations in my rotation! I like this because of it's finish, very natural. 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1.   More info please!  What color did you get and what color would you describe yourself?  Fair, light, etc.

I am always on the lookout for a good foundation.  I would think this is sold in drugstores so I will have to check it out.  I am glad you like the product.

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I have this too! I generally keep about 6 foundations in my rotation! I like this because of it's finish, very natural. 

@Jacie

Yes, agreed! It is a very natural finish.  I have probably a dozen foundations and I do the same.  I am glad I tried this; I kept procrastinating, but since I use a lot of PF products, I figured, why not?  

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

@AngelPuppy1.   More info please!  What color did you get and what color would you describe yourself?  Fair, light, etc.

I am always on the lookout for a good foundation.  I would think this is sold in drugstores so I will have to check it out.  I am glad you like the product.

@PinkyPetunia

Yes, I have seen it in all drug stores and in Walmart.  I am fair and very sensitive.  But I am not pasty white.  I have a bit of redness here and there.  I would say if I had to choose whether I am in the cool or warm family, I am definitely in the cool family.  So many makeup shades seem to be geared toward the warm shades and have too much yellow in them for me.  This foundation goes by numbers basically.  I chose LN3.  Which is I guess --- Light Neutral 3.  It is really a perfect shade for me.  I somehow just guessed!  Usually I end up picking foundation that is either too dark or too light.  I hope you like it, too.  I would say preliminarly go on line and it will give you a description of it and let you see how the shades are laid out.  Then you can go to a store and actually see the product and the shades.  

Honored Contributor

I like the way PF has presented the shades.  They've kept it pretty simple.  I'm assuming this is water-based -- is it?

@Docsgal  is looking for recommendations for a water-based foundation on her "Help please" thread.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I like the way PF has presented the shades.  They've kept it pretty simple.  I'm assuming this is water-based -- is it?

@Docsgal  is looking for recommendations for a water-based foundation on her "Help please" thread.

@just bee

Hmmm --- don't know if it is water based.