Trusted Contributor

Talk to me about Philosophy. I haven't bought anything since Christina Carlino owned the company. I used to love the Grace scents. I am looking at a few sets for summer and the reviews are saying there is no scent anymore. Is Philosophy worth buying?

Honored Contributor

I will say no, not worth it for the body washes, loaded with sulfates, and chemicals, not to mention all the artificial dyes. 

I still buy their fragrances, but I have noticed some that lasted longer no longer do. 

Trusted Contributor

@MG Chris @Shelbelle Funny, the body washes are about the only thing I DO buy from Philosophy. I purchased the combo Purity/Microdelivery cleansers. I still like those but it takes me about 2 years to go through them so haven't needed to buy any more.

Again, I love the body washes but due to the lack of scent in their fragrances, I quit purchasing them a few years back. Perhaps, others have bought more recently and can attest to their worthiness. 

Respected Contributor

I am not a big fragrance user but I do like Unconditional Love, a black raspberry, white lily and cashmere vanilla scent.

Honored Contributor

I am trying to get into using body washes that are more natural without the sulfates, and you know all the pretty Phil colors are nothing but dyes that dont belong in there.  You can still have a pretty scent without the colors.  Or you can have the pretty colors by using colors from fruit and veggies, not dyes. 

Regular Contributor

The only Phiosophy product I buy are the body spritzes.  They are often sold in duos and on sale.  They scent does not last that long but I don't expect it to.  I can douse myself in it after a shower and know that I am not going to give somebody a headache.  The fragrance lasts longer on clothes or linens and are cheap enough to keep a variety on hand.

Trusted Contributor

@MG Chris 

The way a fragrance lasts, or does not last, on a person depends on body chemistry. I have seen posts from folks here who say that philosophy fragrances have no scent, or that the scent does not last on them and others who say that the scents do last.

I am one of the people who has no issue with philosophy scents. ALL of them last on me. In fact, philosophy reps state that their scents are meant to be light and not overpowering, but some of the scents, like Vanilla Fig and Snow Angel, are way too strong on me and sometimes will give me a headache. And Fresh Cream, that so many say that they love, smells like sour milk on me. 

My favorite fragrances are Pure Grace, Amazing Grace, Falling in Love, Unconditional Love, Sea Of Love, and Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere.

If you have a store like Ulta or Macys that you go to that sells philosophy products, you might want to try a scent there to see how it stays with you.  

Trusted Contributor

I agree with previous...Depends on body chemistry...for me the scents do last.  And just because you don't smell the scent doesn't mean the scent isn't there.  on me even if I can't smell it others can. Even with other scents.  I still love the scents and body wash. 

The BIG NO for me is purity.....so very harsh ...it burns my face and eyes.  I still don't understand it.  And I don't have sensitive skin.  But everyone is different.  And I do know others that feel the same way as me.

Good luck.

Respected Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

Talk to me about Philosophy. I haven't bought anything since Christina Carlino owned the company. I used to love the Grace scents. I am looking at a few sets for summer and the reviews are saying there is no scent anymore. Is Philosophy worth buying?

I love their body cream. I got Coconut splash, it really helped my crepe skin. will keep buyig it.Also have their body soap for shower, don't care about scent, I have perfume. Body cream has a nice scent.

Honored Contributor

I bought some sets when they were a TSV and returned them all.  The scent vanished as soon as it dried down. DH even got his,nose right up on me and couldn't smell anything. I bought a rollerball of AG on Amazon and it's nice but I have to reapply.  I picked up a small body wash and cream set cheap and it seems fine too.  I may buy more rollerballs and and small sets in the future but no plans at the moment. 

The skincare is a BIG NO for me.  It really messed up my complexion when I used it,