Trusted Contributor

Philosophy shower gel used as shampoo ~

Has anyone used it recently as a shampoo ?  They always say its 3 in 1 but seems like everyone uses it as a body wash .

Can anyone give their experience using it as a shampoo.

Tx!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Philosophy shower gel used as shampoo ~

@CoastalGal 

I only tried it ONCE.....then I learned my lesson.

My hair was a tangled mess and after air drying, it felt like straw.

I don't have any chemicals or color on my hair.

Honored Contributor

@CoastalGal  - I had the same experience as @KingstonMom but it was a few years ago.  Assume it would still happen today as their formula hasn't changed.

Respected Contributor

DH uses it to wash his hair every day.  He has oily hair. 

Respected Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

Has anyone used it recently as a shampoo ?  They always say its 3 in 1 but seems like everyone uses it as a body wash .

Can anyone give their experience using it as a shampoo.

Tx!

I used it a few times but it is very drying especially after I am used to WEN and Tweaked.  I only recommend as body wash and I also refill hand wash bottles with it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, i consider the 3 in 1 destination correct. I wash my hair with some of my favorite scents. It rinses it out fine. I don't think I'd use it on long hair.

Trusted Contributor

@CoastalGal I tried it once and it was very drying. My hair is naturally dry and curly/coarse and it made it worse. I also color my hair and read somewhere that Philosophy shower gel is not recommended for color treated hair. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would never use that on my hair.  I am not even sure I like it as a body wash, as I think it is drying out my skin.  Once I am done with my vast supply, I don't think I will order any more.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Frequent Contributor

Made a mess of my hair.  Very drying!!

Regular Contributor

I wash my hair every other day with the 3 n 1.  I always use the shampoo twice to make certain my hair is very clean.  I use a detangler spray on my hair when I get out of the shower.  I do not find my hair unmanagable or dry.  I have been using it this way for about 3 years.  I don't consider my skin to be oily and have had no problems.  I think the best way to find out if this product works for you is to try it one or two times.  You can always go back to what you use currently.