Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy products are NOT animal cruelty free

@Bubby Mommy - So you don't even believe Leaping Bunny?  That's your choice, but you shouldn't make untrue claims to try to sway others to your point of view.  JMHO.

You're perfectly free not to buy their products.

Honored Contributor

Other than it is cruelty free or not, why I wont buy them anymore, especially the body washes, are the chemicals, sulfates and all the dyes in there, how do you think they get them to be such pretty colors, by loading them with dyes. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am positive that no one at philosophy is losing sleep over those of you that question the validity their cruelty free certification, or if you choose not to use their products.

And I am positive that posters here can make their own decisions about whether or not to purchase their products.

I like and use philosophy products. The philosophy brand has always been manufactured cruelty free and in the USA, providing jobs to workers here in the US. Posts doubting their cruelty free status or additives won't change my mind. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Companies have a myriad of ways to label their products so that animal testing isn't mentioned. DD's former roommate lives in a town very close to a famous company that sells bath and body products. Her sister worked there for a short time while in college.  She knows for a fact that animals are used for testing their products. It has been going on since the company began. Read the label and you will not see it mentioned. Best to read labels carefully. I don't purchase any makeup or bath products that are made in China or other foreign countries that have no restrictions on the use of animals in the testing process. 

Contributor

Not only the animal testing but the products have gone in the toilet too.    No scent, formulas have changed.      Just NOT worth the money they ask for most of their items.   Yes, the original owner sold out to Coty and everything went downhill.     

I buy a few shower gels----that lately have no scent---but with the animal testing this may be it.