Super Contributor

I just looked on PETA and Leaping bunny and Philosphy was not listed. QVC says they are not testing and have them listed as clean beauty which they must not be. Why were they telling us that? I am not happy about this.

Honored Contributor

Re: Philosophy/animal testing

One thing I can swear to is that Phil is far rom Clean Beauty, one thing being their body washes are full of sulfates!! Not to mention other chemicals and dyes. 

Honored Contributor

The term "clean beauty" has no clear definition.  It's a selling tactic that means nothing.  You need to do your own research and decide what it means for you. As for the animal testing, why don't you look at Philosophy's website?  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Philosophy received Leaping Bunny certification announced on April 5, 2023. There are numerous press releases about this which you can Google to verify. I am guessing that Leaping Bunny has not updated their website yet. 

Philosophy products are made in the USA providing jobs to our economy. Philosophy did not test on animals here in the USA. There was a time when an outside entity did perform testing as required to sell certain Philosophy products in China. I do not support animal testing but was glad to know that the products that I used were not tested on animals. 

Philosophy's parent company is Coty and I am aware that the Corporate entity is not Leaping Bunny Certified.

Using or not using products that are cruelty free or clean or sulfate free is a personal choice. I try to be respectful of everyone's personal choices. 

Valued Contributor

As someone who has spent quite a bit of time and money rescuing/nursing animal lab discards, the idea of supporting any company who engages in testing just turns my stomach.  I won't use Philosophy, but I do hope their claims of being genuinely cruelty free are true given their popularity.