Contributor

Hello,

I been wondering this for a long time, I know they say, you can wash your hair with the shower gel, my question is does it really clean your hair or do you have to use another shampoo afterwards?

Thanks for your responses in advance! 

Esteemed Contributor

used it on my hair once and thought it was awful.....jmo

Honored Contributor

The 3 in 1's really clean your hair.  No second wash needed.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Mom2Mike.

People who post on the Philosophy sub forum have likely tried all the combinations on various hair types. Check there too. 😀

Contributor

Thank you Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

i did this yesterday at a motel. i forgot the shampoo. worked fine. didn't have the conditioner either. i was a little worried about that, as i have grey permed/wavy hair.  i got the comb thru my hair just fine. 

Trusted Contributor

It made my hair rubbery and was difficult to comb out-tangled.  I have below the shoulder length hair.  

Valued Contributor

When I have forgotten my shampoo I have used the shower gels works fine. Case in point went on a cruise used that all the time.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Mikewrote:

Hello,

I been wondering this for a long time, I know they say, you can wash your hair with the shower gel, my question is does it really clean your hair or do you have to use another shampoo afterwards?

Thanks for your responses in advance! 

@Mom2Mike  I called Philosophy CS to ask a few years ago about using the gel as shampoo. Their answer: While it does clean your hair, it contains sulfates and other ingredients & they do not recommend it for color treated hair. They said to use their other S&C. Think she said Sheer Spendor.

Esteemed Contributor

It's all I use on my non-color treated, no heated appliances or "product" used, hair.  Works fine.

Cogito ergo sum