Regular Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth - Too much plastic surgery??

@winamac1 wrote:

I don't think he looks like he has had plastic surgery at all.  He looks to have totally changed his diet and way of life and lost a lot of weight.  I think he stated he lost 40 lbs.  He also now has facial hair.

I think he looks great.  I don't think he needs to lose anymore weight though.  

I have a lot of skincare now, but I think I must cave on this TSV!  I love the retinol fusion PM, and I'd love to try the eye cream.  It is a great value and I'm running low on the Fusuion PM.  I have used the unwrinkle too, and it's nice to put over the serum.  I just have SO much skincare...uggghh     

This is it for me for awhile if I buy it.

Anyway, he doesn't look like he's been under the knife, but I certainly don't know, lol

I may cave too!!  I absolutely don't need it but it is a great value and I want to try the new eye cream.  And now I just seen you get the Firm X Peeling Gel on subsequent shipments if you go on AD.  I have always wanted to try that!  

Do you think the Unwrinkle moisturizer is very moisturizing?

Contributor

I don't know about plastic surgery, but here are the changes I see.   Weight loss - good for him, but doesn't always make your face look better as you age.  Been there.    

He clearly grew his hair length and beard and died both.   I don't like the look on him.  He looked much better before.   I checked an old product video on qvc 

I am am having trouble watching him.  I liked to watch the old Peter.    I can't get used to this one.  Prior look was more credible to me.  This is only my opinion.    My advice to him is to go back to old har, lose the beard, and if face is looking drawn from the weight loss, get some fillers.   

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I don't think he looks like he has had plastic surgery at all.  He looks to have totally changed his diet and way of life and lost a lot of weight.  I think he stated he lost 40 lbs.  He also now has facial hair.

I think he looks great.  I don't think he needs to lose anymore weight though.  

I have a lot of skincare now, but I think I must cave on this TSV!  I love the retinol fusion PM, and I'd love to try the eye cream.  It is a great value and I'm running low on the Fusuion PM.  I have used the unwrinkle too, and it's nice to put over the serum.  I just have SO much skincare...uggghh     

This is it for me for awhile if I buy it.

Anyway, he doesn't look like he's been under the knife, but I certainly don't know, lol.

If he had plastic surgery, he should ask for his money back.   He still has wrinkles and sagging!     I don't think he looks any "different" at all.

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I don't know what the guy did to himself, but I am always so surprised to see the comments made here comparing clinical work to skincare creams.  I would think women here would be more informed than that.  Wow.  With that said, I actually like the "before" on Peter Roth.  I can imagine the pressure of being in the business made him feel forced to try it.     

Thank you!! ......   what does having plastic surgery have to do with using good lotions and creams?    

His face looks like that of a guy who lost 40 pounds ..... not one who recently went under the knife.

Contributor

To me he looks great, and like he lost some weight.  He does not look like he had any plastic surgery.  This is my opinion.

Frequent Contributor

I haven't watched PTR for awhile, but last time he looked better than his original self.  Looked like he lost some weight & a little healthier.  Today I turned on for the tsv and I thought at first it was a brother standing in for him.  But of course it is him.  My or my what a difference!  Lots of weight loss and skin care.

Respected Contributor

To me, I think he looks different just due to his weight loss.  I was channel surfing after watching the Golden Globes last night, and saw a few minutes of QVC.  I was caught a little off guard when I saw PTR, but I immediately thought he appeared to have lost a lot of weight (I missed the begining of the presentation where Sandra Bennett apparently mentioned his weight loss).  His face is much thinner, as well as his body looking thinner.  I, also, thought it seemed he's grown his hair out a little longer, and has facial hair (I really haven't seen PTR in a long time, so it could be he's been wearing his hair like that for awhile now, and I just wasn't aware).  To me he does look younger, but I think a lot of people seem to look younger after a weight loss.  JMHO.

Losing weight in ones face can really make someone look different.  I saw Melissa McCarthy on the Golden Globes last night, and her weight loss has made her face look a lot different -- I mean NO disrespect by that.  I think she's always looked nice, but looks younger and even prettier now.  She looked really great.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

If I had spent a lot of money on outrageously overpriced skin care products that promise me younger looking skin and then found out that the creator or vendor for those products had undergone plastic surgery I would also feel very betrayed.  The same comments were made when it became obvious that Dr. Danese had gone under the knife.  These vendors sell a bill of goods about what their product lines can do to stave off the natural effects of aging.

Valued Contributor

He looks so different!  He looks very thin and I think he is using the beard to add a bit of fullness and definition  to his face.  I hope he is well.  The weight loss just seems so drastic.  Was he overweight to begin with?