Honored Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Irish Moor Mud Mask

PTR Rose Mask is loaded with chemicals and artificial colors, I found one by Andalou, all natural.

Trusted Contributor

Irritation from Irish Moor Mud may come from the toxic waste, unidentified microbes and pollutants that accumulate in a compost heap millenia in the making.  

Moors are cess pools, the  accumulated sludge of dead and dying vegetation and animals and insects.  What bacterial fungal and viral agents and particles swirl in this  natural sewer ?  Evidence that the sludge/mud has been properly, thoroughly analyzed is nonexistent. 

While there just might be miracle age defying substances there are most certainly irritants, toxins and poisons......

I LOVE Peter Thomas Roth products in general., some I'd rather not ever be without.   There are at least 7 that I know of that have earned perfect four star reviews from Paula's Beautypedia reviewers and others.  But, I'll pass on Irish Moor Mud, thank you. 

Super Contributor

That's horrible. Luckily, my combination skin (also completely non-sensitive) has been loving this mask since it launched. I love how it's completely unscented, too. For what it's worth, I find it rather sketchy when well known products are offered on Amazon at a major discount. I once bought a Glamglow mask and it was completely different than the one I've been using and loving - reeked, had a different hue - obviously a fake. As a huge fan of Amazon and a Prime member, I no longer buy beauty products on there (except for occassional K beauty).