Honored Contributor

Re: Peter Thomas Roth Brightening Bubbling Mask

@CoG wrote:

OK Ladies you've convinced me to try Cure Natural Aqua Gel.  Amazon Prime $28.99 .  The ad says one is sold every 12 seconds in Japan.  I won't give up PTR unless Cure outperforms it but I am happy to add it to my new, unconventional, QVC- less routine .LOL.

@CoG - Just an FYI ~ I find I get the most success with the Cure when I do it in the AM prior to cleansing rather than cleansing first and then using the Cure.  With Cure, I take a couple of pumps and apply it to dry skin, rub it around until I feel the exfoliation take place, rinse, and then cleanse.  Be aware that the Cure comes out like a gel but immediately gets watery in your hand so you have to work fast. It will be very thin on your face and look white and watery until you start rubbing it and lifting the dead skin off the surface. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the invaluable information.  I realize, from your instructions for use of the Cure Exfoliator , that this and Peter Thomas Roth Brightening Bubbling Mask are two completely different products.  PTR BBMask is a treatment mask.  It has a dense gel consistency when applied and smooths effortlessly over the skin. Once applied it begins to bubble and continues to do so for some time.  It is left on the skin for up to ten minutes then rinsed off.  There is no need to rush application nor does one need to abrade the skin by rubbing vigorously.  It rinses cleanly leaving refined pores, more even tone and the smoothest surface .  

PTR is not in the least expensive.  ~$25 on Amazon for a large pump bottle that must contain dozens of applications.  A very small amount is used for each mask.  

This treatment remains my special indulgence. I heartliy recommend its use to anyone who needs to pamper themselves and reap the benefits of an excellent

resurfacing,

brightening,

detoxifying,

pore refining,

hydrating

mask with antioxidants and antiaging properties. 

I am still happy to have ordered Cure Natural Aqua Gel exfoliator.  The price is great.  As mentioned, it has a cult following in Japan, one purchased every 12 seconds .  That many men and women can't all be wrong.  

I can't thank you enough for the time and care you took to understand and respond .

I do hope you'll give PTR a try if you haven't already. 

Respected Contributor

Yes, the PTR does sound a lot like the Missha Oxygen Mask. You put it on, it bubbles up for 5-10 minutes, then your rub it round to exfoliate and remove the bubbled up skin. That is the only different part. The oxygen bubble feels weird, but good! It is like a champagne facial.
Respected Contributor

I just googled images of it. Boy does that bubble up. The Missha is like a bubbly gel that doesn't puff up like that. I may have to try the PTR as well! Thanks for sharing.
Respected Contributor

This PTR mask sounds interesting...Can anyone say it un-clogs pores??