Frequent Contributor
$200.00 for one tube. 13,000 ordered. Are you kidding me?
Respected Contributor

Why are you posting here? You don't have to buy it or criticize others who may wish to?!

Regular Contributor

Would anyone balk at a 1/2 ounce eye cream for $40? It's the same price per ounce. I don't use it, but I did. Used correctly, a tube lasts a long time. On a cost-per-use basis, it's no big deal.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't used any Perricone, but I am guessing it works for at least some of the people, or he wouldn't be in business, selling on the Q. I do use Skin Medica, and it is comparatively priced and the reason I will probably keep using it is simple- it works. I would rather pay 200.00 for something that makes a difference that I can see, than 50.00 for a product that does nothing.

Trusted Contributor
On 4/5/2014 ProductGuy said:

Would anyone balk at a 1/2 ounce eye cream for $40?

...CUT...

NEVER! Unless of course, it was a Perricone MD product.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Frequent Contributor
I don't have an opinion regarding the price tag, but I often wonder why Dr. Perricone, himself, doesn't present his own products on the Q. The woman who sells his products is informed and passionate, but I would like to hear his first-person knowledge about the product.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Regular Contributor

Many people wonder the same thing. Here are some guesses.

1 - He stutters a lot. If you've ever been on hold at Perricone, M.D., you know this already.

2 - He has evidence of skin damage, possibly from acne, that no topical product will improve.

3 - He prefers discussing science and nutrition, not the nonsense that QVC legal allows a vendor to say. That's why he's willing to appear on PBS, where he can speak passionately about subjects that interest him.

4 - He received a phone call from Dr. Philip Brandt about how the participants of QVC's Beauty Banter forum made hurtful comments about Dr. Brandt's physical appearance after a few presentations on the Q, even suggesting Brandt hire a vendor representative instead of appearing himself because he's so weird looking, so Perricone chose Dana as his sacrificial lamb.

Frequent Contributor
Well-written response, ProductGuy! All four guesses are viable reasons for Dr. Perricone's absence during the presentations of his own products.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Regular Contributor

Well done, ProductGuy. He loves to talk about nutrition. Anyone who has ever heard him talk about wild salmon for example, knows how passionate he is about the nutritional benefits of Omega-3s on skin - and health in general. He leaves the sales hype to others. I read his first book before I ever tried any of the products and tripled the amount of salmon I eat each week. (Native Seattleite and we love our fish but his book elevated my focus on it once I knew it mattered to beautiful skin. Sometimes vanity can motivate healthier habits, right?) I have great skin now - but more importantly, my LDL cholesterol is low and my HDL cholesterol is optimal (above 50). I've been a T1 diabetic since early childhood, so that's an extra huge health benefit.

Thanks for reminding me of what attracted me to Dr. Perricone, and his work - in the first place. I couldn't care less about on-air hype!

Super Contributor

"4 - He received a phone call from Dr. Philip Brandt about how the participants of QVC's Beauty Banter forum made hurtful comments about Dr. Brandt's physical appearance after a few presentations on the Q, even suggesting Brandt hire a vendor representative instead of appearing himself because he's so weird looking, so Perricone chose Dana as his sacrificial lamb."

I feel badly for Dr. Brandt. He is unusual looking, but that's unfortunate that he read through all of the mean comments.