Super Contributor

For those that have used either of the creams in this TSV...what is the scent? I have used Perricone products in the past but discontinued usage because a few of them had a "fishy" smell that I just couldn't handle. Considering another go at using them but...lol. Oh and I wish Perricone would start making the glycolic treatment bar again, sadly it was discontinued but it was such a great product. TIA

Trusted Contributor
The NP Facial Cream has that Perricone MD "fishy" smell. The NP Night Cream doesn't.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Super Contributor

Thanks Lyn

Trusted Contributor
You're welcome, howwhatwhen.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Honored Contributor

Re: Perricone TSV scent

[ Edited ]

@howwhatwhen wrote:

I have used Perricone products in the past but discontinued usage because a few of them had a "fishy" smell that I just couldn't handle. 

Several other people on these forums have mentioned the fishy smell, but I have never understood that. For several years I lived by the beach on the West Coast. Almost every day I walked up and down the beach, stopped on the pier to watch people catching and gutting fish, ate fish in the restaurants on the pier, and talked with the fishermen as they stacked one fish on top of the other in their pail/container until they left for the day.

I have never experienced that same smell in any of Dr. Perricone's products. Granted, some of them do have a peculiar smell and you would never equate that smell to something you would like to have stay with you all day. But none of them smell like the fish I was around on a daily basis.

If a product works for you, who cares if it has a less-than-pleasant smell for a minute or two. Isn't it worth it to have great results? It is for me. 

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lyn in MI wrote:
The NP Facial Cream has that Perricone MD "fishy" smell. The NP Night Cream doesn't.
I use the Neuropeptide Cream and smelled the "fishy" smell a few times.  It dissapates and goes away quickly.  I love that cream

Valued Contributor

I sure agree, the smell goes away quickly and if it works I don't care how it smells. I know some have very sensitive noses so it could be a problem  for them but for me it's not an issue.