Respected Contributor

Perricone MD Vit. C, E. Ferulic, newer serum

It is a creamy serum with a slightly orange scent.  It is pleasant.  I don't care for the sticky serums that smell like hot dog water!  I did Skinceuticals, but it is very sticky.

Most other serums recommend storing in the refrigerator to protect them.  This one says room temperature.  I have put it in the refrigerator anyway!

Anyone know if I made a mistake or am protecting this serum?

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

Re: Perricone MD Vit. C, E. Ferulic, newer serum

I don't see how putting it in the fridge would hurt it. It would just be cold and since it's summer it might feel good on your skin.

Honored Contributor

Better for most any skincare to be cold rather than warm or hot. Sometimes though certain products can get too thick while in the cold and cause them to not want to come out of a pump or tube very easily. In that case you'll need to let them come to room temp before applying. That's about the only problem I see when you put things in the fridge. 

Honored Contributor

$159 a bottle?!? 😲

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

It is a creamy serum with a slightly orange scent.  It is pleasant.  I don't care for the sticky serums that smell like hot dog water!  I did Skinceuticals, but it is very sticky.

Most other serums recommend storing in the refrigerator to protect them.  This one says room temperature.  I have put it in the refrigerator anyway!

Anyone know if I made a mistake or am protecting this serum?

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003   I used the Skinceuticals serum for many years and did not find it to be sricky...you may have received bottles that were "off". It happens. I stopped purchasing when the price went over $166. It's not necessary to spend that much to find another good C serum. 

The serums I do purchase now are in small enough bottles that I use them up before they oxidize...turn dark yellow. I never buy a bargain super-size. It goes bad too soon.

Refrigerate? I used to refrigerate 1/2 of the Skinceuticals until I needed it. I di need to let it warm up a bit before using it the first time and then kept it in my medicine cabinet away from sunlight even if brown bottle. 

Respected Contributor

Skinceuticals can be a little tacky/sticky if you use too much, or it's hot and humid. I make sure my face is totally dry, apply and then let it set for a few minutes. I only use 3-4 drops, and only use it every 3 days.  I remember Adrienne saying that Vit. C didn't need to be applied more than once every 72 hours so I stick with that for the most part. 

I also use Perricone's original Vit. C (almost finished with the bottle) and the newer version. It does have a nice fluid consistency.

I have tried other Vit. C (Sunday Riley and Tacha) and just haven't been impressed.  Out of the ones I have tried I find Skinceuticals to be the best, but when I switch over to Perricone completely we'll see if it makes a huge difference.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

$159 a bottle?!? 😲

@JeanLouiseFinch I agree.  At some point, I think you would be far better off investing in laser treatments than pouring so much money into products.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

$159 a bottle?!? 😲

@JeanLouiseFinch I agree.  At some point, I think you would be far better off investing in laser treatments than pouring so much money into products.

How much are laser treatments though, and how often are they needed?

Esteemed Contributor

When I looked at this vit. C serum (THD, by the way), it was $69.00 for 1 oz. I thought that was an okay price.

I don't see that refrigeration (to hold off oxidation, like for L-ascorbic acid) would be necessary.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

$159 a bottle?!? 😲

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Not that it's cheap, but I ordered it on an introductory price of $120.  I am finding it is lasting a long time.  I got it on A/D and I need to slow down delivery.  I got the second bottle, and I am nowhere near finished with the first.  I use it on my neck, upper chest, and back of hands too.  It spreads generously.  I do it every other day, alternating with Retin-A.

Hyacinth