Trusted Contributor

Re: Perlier Beauty - Wed June 8th TS🧴All On Free Shipping 💗

@Chi-town girl @sueinsf   I thought the same thing as well! I requested an exchange based on that and HSN quickly sent me out a new product. Same smell with an expiration date of 2 years in the future. Smiley Sad

This is why I really hesitate to discuss scents as they truly are personal/body chemistry can change them dramatically. In any event, I just purchase the product in a different scent, lol.

If the scent is great on you, definitely go for it!

*Four Seasons once again*
Honored Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@Chi-town girl @sueinsf   I thought the same thing as well! I requested an exchange based on that and HSN quickly sent me out a new product. Same smell with an expiration date of 2 years in the future. Smiley Sad

This is why I really hesitate to discuss scents as they truly are personal/body chemistry can change them dramatically. In any event, I just purchase the product in a different scent, lol.

If the scent is great on you, definitely go for it!

@FiddleDeeDee - how true is that about fragrance being subjective! Appreciate you sharing your experience 

I have the 'yuck' experience with the Korres Guava scent. It's apparently their #1 scent globally. I cannot stand it! I won't repurchase it nor gift it

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@nada54 wrote:

Just was watching to the presentation of the TSV and heard them state there is no fragrance,  that is false.   It does dissipate after a few minutes but there is no mistaking the strong scent of alcohol or chemical.   

Chi I wonder if the coconut body butter smells delicious?   that is one of my favorite scents.  Tropical.

@nada54  I believe fragrance and scent are two different things.  There is no added fragrance but the ingredients in the mix could still have a scent.  

Valued Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

I didn't care for the TS either.  Don't remember the fragrance but don't remember it doing anything either (then again, products don't work for me that others like, so you can't always go by me).  Some of the before and afters they showed I found very unbelievable.  But it does have some good reviews, so there are some that like it.  But overall 3.7 review out of 169 reviews.

I'm not a fan of the inflated "regular" pricing I'm seeing on more and more products. Is this just on Perlier?  I don't see it on Korres and some other brands. $75 for a liter of shower gel? Other brands (like Korres and Philosophy) that would be about $30!  $100 for a 3 piece honey bath/body/hand cream set?  No one is going to pay that!  I know they claim to use high end ingredients from Italy but still.  The sale prices are certainly reasonable and well worth looking at but I'm wondering if the inflated regular prices are just a sales tactic to push purchasing at the sale prices.

@sueinsf I agree. The retail prices are outrageous! I've bought Perlier products in Italy and they are a lot cheaper. The shower cream is about 5 euros at the grocery store! Even at the Perlier stores the bath and body products are a lot cheaper than on HSN. I understand we are paying for importing the products, so the prices here are higher, but the retail estimate is a joke. 

Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

I'm glad I ordered the mini hand cream sets last night - all 3 sets are sold out!

@Chi-town girl thank goodness they sold out or I would have been tempted to buy all 3!! I have enough of their mini creams stocked up! I love those minis. They are the perfect size and I love trying different scents. 

Trusted Contributor

Then the ingredient in the mix smells strong and I don't like it.   I hope you have better luck with it then I did.