Trusted Contributor

This item at Sephora comes in Light/Medium or Tan/Dark. I suppose the one in the TSV is the Light/Medium. I wear Bear Skin in Natural and the Light/Medium was to light.

I'm wondering if the Perfecting Veil in this TSV is too light for some of us?

Valued Contributor

I ordered the TSV in Caramel and I received the perfecting veil in Tan/Dark, so it depends on the shade you order. I seem to remember reading somewhere which PV came with which shades but I didn't see it in the TSV description.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you jazzbabe. I appreciate knowing that.

Respected Contributor

Re: Perfecting Veil

[ Edited ]

yes, suppose to go with the shade you order, suppose to. I preordered bare shell and no idea what color I got but it is way too dark for me. I did return the kit unfortunately. I can't see anyone with a fair to light or even medium complexion using the veil I got.

Contributor

I went to a Bare Minerals boutique this week to try out the new veils. I use bare natural (was matched in 2 different stores) and the lady in the store hesitated before putting the veil on me. She had the light/med in her hand and said 'No, I think think this will make you a little ghostly. Let's try the darker one.' Well, it was a tad bit too dark. I think they need more shades of the new veil!

New Contributor

I ordered the light TSV and the perfecting veil said light/medium and it was REALLY dark.  I am wondering if it was labeled wrong...it's REALLY dark.  Anyone else have that problem?  I saw that some of you had the issue with it being too light, that's what makes me wonder if mine is mislabeled.

Respected Contributor

I ordered the TSV in Bare Linen for my daughter which is the color she wears. I agree with others about the color of the Perfecting Veil  light / medium being too dark.I too wondered if it was miss marked.

Regular Contributor

The TSV came with the Perfecting Veil Sheer Boost so it is suppose to be darker.  I wear bare shell and I love the boost it gives to my fair complexion.

Occasional Contributor

I have the opposite problem.  I ordered the TSV and I really like everything in it except the Perfecting Veil.  I have to use the very mighest color in any foundation.  The Perfecting Veil was too dark for me.  It didn't look like a little warmth on my skin.  Just a light touch and it was like a matte brown, maybe eyeshadow on my face.  It probably works well for those with light to medium, but not fair skin.  I hope they will make one that really works for Fair skin before the next shipment.

Honored Contributor

@Carri B  Although it has been over ten years since I have used Bare Minerals, it seemed there was one back then that was light enough for my porcelain (shade 0) skin.

I now use Faerie Organics (it does not contain the Bismuth Oxide which makes me break out) and the veil in organic sheer veil works for me; sets my foundation so it is not sticky feeling; and is light enough. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~