Honored Contributor

Pedicure, what would you do?

So I have the world's ugliest polish on my toes right now. What was I thinking?! I just cannot go 6 weeks my my toes looking so atrocious.  Needless to say, my husband is not on the side of having them repainted so soon. .  But he is in total agreement that it is a hideous color.  So while my daughter and he are in Houston this weekend, I may just mosey on over to the next town and have them repainted.  Husband aside, would you live with it for 6 weeks or have them repainted immediately?

Honored Contributor

Re: Pedicure, what would you do?

I'd remove the color and paint them clear on my own.

Respected Contributor

I would absolutely schedule a polish change! No way wouold be able to stand it for 6 weeks!

Lynn-Critter Lover!
(especially cats!)
Respected Contributor

I would change the color myself, if possible. If not I would go get it done. I have been known to get a manicure and change the polish before the day is over.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

So I have the world's ugliest polish on my toes right now. What was I thinking?! I just cannot go 6 weeks my my toes looking so atrocious.  Needless to say, my husband is not on the side of having them repainted so soon. .  But he is in total agreement that it is a hideous color.  So while my daughter and he are in Houston this weekend, I may just mosey on over to the next town and have them repainted.  Husband aside, would you live with it for 6 weeks or have them repainted immediately?

Happened to me and I just kept for 3 weeks. That's how often I get a pedicure.  

Valued Contributor

@monicakm  Glitter polish to the rescue! When I have a color flop that's what I do to remedy the situation as best I can.Im extremely picky about my polish colors ,

Esteemed Contributor

I'd do them myself with a color I like.  But that's me, I always do my own nails. Safer and cheaper.

Respected Contributor

My husband has zero say-so on how, when, why, and what color polish I use for my fingernails and toenails.

Of course, I always choose colors I like (at least for the moment), even if they vary from pink, to silver, to blue, to red, to glitter, or to whatever strikes my fancy!

Respected Contributor

@monicakm   Do it yourself.  Of course this is coming from someone who has never had a pedicure and doesn't plan to.  I have always done it myself...when I don't, yes they are nekked!  And my hub wouldn't notice if I was missing toes let alone toe polish 😆

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

That's exactly what I've been thinking.