Respected Contributor

Paula's Choice vs. Peter Thomas Roth

Which retinol products do you like better? Paula's Choice or Peter Thomas Roth?

Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice vs. Peter Thomas Roth

I have used both- hands down, Paula's Choice.  Won't be without it. 

Valued Contributor

I too prefer Paula's Choice. Had better results and alot less expensive than Peter Thomas Roth.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the paulas choice products are packaged better. There is no way for air to get in so it stays fresh.
Trusted Contributor

What is the percentage of retinol in Paula's product and where is it listed in the ingredients?

PTR is 1.5% and it is listed 3rd. That is the highest % of retinol, I believe, in non-percription products.

My derm says only the percription retinol will do you any good.

Like Peter's products.  Should try Paula's.

New Contributor

The highest concentration in Paula's Choice is the 1% Retinol Serum.  Her site recently added a page for the different products she has with retinol in them.  It also lists the percentage in each of the products so you can choose the best one for you.  Now I know I can't tolerate the 1%...too strong.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for the info, EatingRight.

Esteemed Contributor

The retinol serum has .03. The moisturizers tend to have about .01. The clinical is 1%.
Super Contributor

I actually use the Peter Thomas Roth retinol first and then put on the Paula's choice retinol serum or clinical 1%. The Combo is fantastic. You want to see results. The PTR is very mild so you can combine the two. 

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
The retinol serum has .03. The moisturizers tend to have about .01. The clinical is 1%.

@ccassaday, if you're referring to the retinol serum that was in the TSV, it's .1%

Resist Intensive Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum—A super-charged PM serum that combines 0.1% retinol with vitamins C and E plus soothing plant extracts. This is an all-skin-types formula.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland