Valued Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice TSV date changed

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ctinaw wrote:

Is it confirmed that this is the 12th now? For sure?

@ctinaw

Yes, it's the TSV for the 12th. I ordered early, but received a pre-order email today showing it for the 12th.

Thank you! I'm still on the fence - but only slightly. I haven't found skincare that I'm totally excited about yet so I feel I should try it while the price is good. 

Valued Contributor

I just opened a bottle of the BHA in the TSV a few weeks ago so I'm going to pass on the TSV because I don't need three at once. I'm not sure what they were thinking?

Respected Contributor

I have an open bottle of the BHA and the Clear BHA. But I really want to try the barrier repair moisturizer and the retinol serum. So the two bottles of BHA can sit on a shelf for a while as long as they're not open. And I may give one to my sister-in-law.
Honored Contributor

@SavvyChic wrote:

I just opened a bottle of the BHA in the TSV a few weeks ago so I'm going to pass on the TSV because I don't need three at once. I'm not sure what they were thinking?

The BHA would last for 2 years.  It's one of her top-selling products.  I probably will buy just for that.  The other 2 are just extras, and I may love them!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will most likely be ordering later tonight just so I don't forget about it - and I'd like those easy pays just in case they arent available on the 12th. I agree with others though that the 2 BHAs seem really odd if they last as long as you all are saying. I think they will have many auto-delivery cancellations. Would have been better to even throw in a smaller size of some other product than 2 of that. I'll order as auto-delivery but doubt very much I'll be getting more. My daughter will probably use my other bottle, but shes only 12 so not very consistent with her skincare - so she'll take forever to go through it. But I've really wanted to try Paula's Choice because I've heard so many people rave about it - and that woman's skin is AMAZING. I am 38 and hers looks better than mine.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

If something was going to be duplicated in this TSV, it should have been the Barrier Repair Moisturizer because you'll go through that product the fastest of the 3 products. Plus, she's such a stickler about daily sun protection, I thought for sure she would want to include an SPF product. Using exfoliants and retinol daily requires diligent sunscreen usage.

Did anyone watch the 2 minute video on the product page of Paula talking about this TSV? She says she chose these specific products because they are her personal must-have products. Having followed her for the last 14 years (using her products, watching her videos, reading her books), she has said numberous times that she is unable to use any retinol products. Her skin is just too sensitive. I thought it was disingenuous for her to say that these were HER must-haves. She could have simply said the products were must-haves because retinol was such a super-star ingredient.  

I love her products and appreciate all the research she has done for all these years. But I'm finding in the recent few years since her company was bought, she's starting to sound like other skincare companys and losing a bit of her authenticity. I used to buy her newest products the second they were released. I don't anymore because I am sensing some of the new products are a bit more about marketing than actual need. That eye cream she launched was a shocker to me. If anything, some of her face moisturizers work so much better and are much more elegant and effective than the new eye cream. 

JMHO.

Respected Contributor

I think they just overproduced the 2% BHA and have a surplus of it. And once the auto delivery orders are placed, they'll adjust production going forward
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with those who say they would have preferred another product rather than two BHAs.

I've been using Paula's products for almost 15 years and use the BHA and barrier repair moisturizer on a daily basis.  I ordered the TSV because the price is phenomenal.  I've been wanting to try the retinol serum but haven't because I've been using other serums.

@Fresh-kitty Paula often said in interviews that she used the barrier repair moisturizer (which has a small amount of retinol) as an eye cream before she launched her new eye cream.  I use her new eye cream now because I prefer the thicker consistency around my eyes.

Her skin care is top notch and thoughtfully created.

Regular Contributor

I feel it's only fair that Paula should admit to all the QVC customers that she has had cosmetic surgery. Her products alone have not made her skin as beautiful as it is. I have no problem with anyone making the choice to have cosmetic surgery. But I find it deceptive to let customers believe her products alone are making her skin so beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
I think they just overproduced the 2% BHA and have a surplus of it. And once the auto delivery orders are placed, they'll adjust production going forward

I don't think that is the case.  I think it's one of her top-selling products so many would be interested in this TSV due to that.  Mine certainly won't last me 12 months.  I'm sure I"ll go through a bottle in 3 months or less.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"