Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Retinol 1%

I ordered mine, too, on top of my already A-D order. I'll just skip my next A-D. 

If you shop jet dot com, don't forget about the 20% jetcash! I'm doin' the happy dance!

dance_emoticon_by_haele_mai.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is one of Paula's products I have not yet tried, but was planning to after I run out of my current retinol product. However, at this price I'm ordering it now.

Question...do I still use my Resist Exfoliate When I use the Retinol?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife wrote:

This is one of Paula's products I have not yet tried, but was planning to after I run out of my current retinol product. However, at this price I'm ordering it now.

Question...do I still use my Resist Exfoliate When I use the Retinol?

Are you talking about the 10% aha or the Bha. I use mine sometimes on the same night. I don't have sensitive skin and have no problem. Matter of fact I have have used the 10%. Aha. Then the 1% retinol. Then the resist wrinkle defense serum and the resist barrior moisturizer with retinol all in the same nights. 

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday...I was referring to the daily 5%AHA. Nonetheless, you answered my question. I will use it AFTER I exfoliate, right?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@ccassaday...I was referring to the daily 5%AHA. Nonetheless, you answered my question. I will use it AFTER I exfoliate, right?

I use my 5% aha daily in the morning and the retinol at night. But yes I have used the 10% with the retinol at night. As long as you don't have super sensitive skin. Just keep a eye on your skin and make sure it doesn't get irritated.

Contributor

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been trying to get this shipped on my auto delivery plan and it says out of stock! Happy now I saved $!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't use this particular product but that is an excellent deal! I am still happy QVC had a good deal on the line minimizer I love to- my first ever skincare item from QVC and I did the AD, which is rare for me.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just went to reorder this and saw this being offered for $28!  That can't be right..   when they have the exact same item next to it for $45. 

Anyway I've ordered two and have also taken a screen shot of the listing..  in case something other than described turns up.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was for a 0.5 oz bottle and they've made a mistake.

We'll see what arrives in the mail!   

Respected Contributor

I have a question for anyone using this.  I have been using this product for a couple of months.  I started out at twice a week for a month...no irritation or flakiness.  Then I went to every other night for a month...again...no irritation or flakiness.  Last week, I went to every night, and within three days, I had significant flakiness.  I have stopped the product and am letting my skin calm down.  Any advice?  Am I someone who is going to just be able to use it every other night?  

Another thing I thought I might be doing wrong was applying it right after I wash and then applying my moisturizer after the retinol application.  I've since read some online articles that advise waiting 20-30 minutes after washing to apply the retinol and then waiting about the same amount of time to apply moisturizer.  Is this correct?  TIA!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg,

I mix it together with my night moisturizer. Started doing this 2-3 times a week with no problems. Occasionally I would get a little dry and flakey and then I would back off for a few days. After using it like this for several months, I am now using it every night without any problems whatsoever. Some people take longer than others to get used to it. 

About waiting to apply after washing...never did that.