Super Contributor

Paula's Choice Is My Skin Care Choice Now

After years of using Clinique, Philosophy, and even some IT items, each in turn proved to be unsatisfactory in some way (drying my skin out too much or not cleansing it sufficiently or even finally irritating it more than orginally).  However, I decided several months ago to get a try-me kit of Paula's Choice products in the Resist Anti-Aging (although we are going to age anyway) formulation.  I have absolutely fallen in love with these products for cleansing, toning, exfoliating, and moisturizing!  I have sensitive, "baby boomer" skin and these have worked great for me!  I also use TATCHA's cleansing oil and rice powder from time to time at night, and they are fabulous as well.  Just wanted to put in my two cents for what works for my mature skin Smiley Very Happy.

Honored Contributor

Re: Paula's Choice Is My Skin Care Choice Now

I love Paula's Resist line, too!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

I was loving the resist line. But after two pumps breaking on the intensive retinal serum I am going to try something else. I really like the daily aha but heck you can't see how much is left. So if your not getting anything out is the pump broken or is it gone. I love the toner. I am going to try the Olay botanicals and see if I like it when my PC is gone. If it doesn't measure up to the PC I will buy it again.

Trusted Contributor

I've been using Paula's products since 1995 and love her BHA's, AHA's, Retinol Serum and the other Resist serum.  Just used a 20% off coupon + free shipping for the moisturizer with 30 SPF.  Her prices used to be very reasonable, but now are getting expensive.  I've stopped buying her cleansers and toner.

Honored Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I've been using Paula's products since 1995 and love her BHA's, AHA's, Retinol Serum and the other Resist serum.  Just used a 20% off coupon + free shipping for the moisturizer with 30 SPF.  Her prices used to be very reasonable, but now are getting expensive.  I've stopped buying her cleansers and toner.

I did too- I hope you went through ebates to get an additional 15% cashback right now for PC @henderson!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I love several of her products but was never a fan of many of the serums (too silicone-y feeling for me) and a few products broke me out (I'm lookin' at you, HA booster!) . I used to use one of her cleansers many years ago (10 years ago?) but as I got older it became too drying for my skin, even though it was for dry skin. If I recall, they had tweaked the formula a bit back then and I think that is another reason it didn't work as well for me.

But I have stuck with her 2% BHA product for 11+ years now- the longest I've ever stuck with any skincare product- and a few of ther other products for several years now. As I get older and my skincare needs change due to hormones, etc I tweak my routine a bit and might try, switch out, or add in another product but the BHA products have stayed because they simply just work for me. I know I am doing well when my derm always comments on how beautiful my skin is even after looking at it with those super magnifying googles (which I hate, lol) and said she wished all her patients took such good care of their skin like I do (and absolutely no skin damage which she said is amazing for someone in their forties!). 

Super Contributor

I have tried very expensive to less expensive and the only great line is Paula's Choice that improve your skin. It is based on science and I wish I started much sooner! You just have to find the right products in the kine best for your skin. 

Contributor

Having worked as an Esthetician for years, I got to try many medical grade/high end skincare.  Have been using Paula's line for over eight years.  I use it all, 😊😊.  It simply works.  No JOKE, I get told all the time I look so much younger than my age.  

There was a time when I got bored, wanted to try the newest and latest things.  But always came back to Paula.  She is the newest and latest.  Plus big huge bonus for me was that I am very sensitive to smells.  Her line is fragrance free, perfume free.  So I don't worry about getting a migraine from my skincare.  

The best.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chrissy4love wrote:

Having worked as an Esthetician for years, I got to try many medical grade/high end skincare.  Have been using Paula's line for over eight years.  I use it all, 😊😊.  It simply works.  No JOKE, I get told all the time I look so much younger than my age.  

There was a time when I got bored, wanted to try the newest and latest things.  But always came back to Paula.  She is the newest and latest.  Plus big huge bonus for me was that I am very sensitive to smells.  Her line is fragrance free, perfume free.  So I don't worry about getting a migraine from my skincare.  

The best.  

Don't forget cruelty free! 🐾❤️

Honored Contributor

I agree with all of you! I've been using Paula's products for over 20 years. I still have her original travel set that came in the small bottles (miss them) and I refill them when I travel. I'm now using the Resist line too. I used to go back and forth with the Skin Balancing Cleanser and the Hydrolight Cleanser. When I started, there was one sunscreen. Now there are a lot!

I get my head turned from time to time with other products, and I like some of them, but I always know I can rely on these - they are the best! Smiley Happy