Respected Contributor

Re: Paula Sold Paula's Choice

Seems as if Paula made the right choice!! LOL. ( tried to channel the always sharp and clever poster Brewhaha!)

Honored Contributor

On 7/22/2014 birkin baby said:

Seems as if Paula made the right choice!! LOL. ( tried to channel the always sharp and clever poster Brewhaha!)

You done good, birkinbabybrewhaha.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

On 7/22/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 7/22/2014 Deanie said:

I would respectfully request that you place me on ignore SuzyQ3 and I will do the same with you. I have been monitoring the tone of your responses to my posts, that were never directed at you, but, you seem to take pleasure in singling me out. I say this because I was reading other posts and how you responded to people who did not agree with your opinion. The timber of your posts actually remind me of Fluffy2. I care nothing about Paula's Choice, however, you seem to be vested in her products. So be it. Let us agree to disagree.

I have no clue what you're talking about. And I don't know who Fluffy 2 is and am not interested in finding out.

I don't even recognize your nic. But since you've been monitoring my posts and find them distasteful, then by all means, put me on ignore. I will not do the same at this point.

it isn't you. I too was gobsmacked!
Honored Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Andreatoo said:

I would respectfully request that you place me on ignore SuzyQ3 and I will do the same with you. I have been monitoring the tone of your responses to my posts, that were never directed at you, but, you seem to take pleasure in singling me out. I say this because I was reading other posts and how you responded to people who did not agree with your opinion. The timber of your posts actually remind me of Fluffy2. I care nothing about Paula's Choice, however, you seem to be vested in her products. So be it. Let us agree to disagree.

I have no clue what you're talking about. And I don't know who Fluffy 2 is and am not interested in finding out.

I don't even recognize your nic. But since you've been monitoring my posts and find them distasteful, then by all means, put me on ignore. I will not do the same at this point.

"gobsmacked" -- love that word.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Andreatoo said:

? Me, too. Maybe confused with another poster.
Valued Contributor

It took me a while to find information about the company being sold. I first found Bertram Capital's posting that they invested in the company, but nothing about a corporate buyout or change in President or CEO. I then found this: http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/print-edition/2014/06/06/sound-strategies-paula-s-choice-bares-be... It looks like Bertram Capital is now the majority shareholder, but it does not appear anyone intends to cheapen the brand. The added capital likely helps with R & D. It seems the company has done more formula improvements and product development in recent years. I for one am happy the Redness Relief was reformulated to be aspirin free, having had a massive, systemic allergic reaction to the aspirin in the product.
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/23/2014 rac71 said: It took me a while to find information about the company being sold. I first found Bertram Capital's posting that they invested in the company, but nothing about a corporate buyout or change in President or CEO. I then found this: http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/print-edition/2014/06/06/sound-strategies-paula-s-choice-bares-be... It looks like Bertram Capital is now the majority shareholder, but it does not appear anyone intends to cheapen the brand. The added capital likely helps with R & D. It seems the company has done more formula improvements and product development in recent years. I for one am happy the Redness Relief was reformulated to be aspirin free, having had a massive, systemic allergic reaction to the aspirin in the product.
Thanks for the article link. I know that I recently read that the company moved it's headquarters from a suburb south of Seattle to newer digs in Seattle and it's pretty swanky which is a good thing. I've always thought that Paula's Choice had excellent customer service, they are quick to ship to Canada and i've always been happy with their products. Good for Paula that she's successful by being honest and a hard worker!
Honored Contributor

I suppose only time will tell what, if anything, happens to the products. I'm another relatively recent convert to Paula's Choice so I actually wasn't using the products when she was the sole owner. Having gone through the trial phase of discovering which products I need, I find that at least half of what works for me are the newest products the company has offered (which would be after the company was sold). The same thing happened to me with philosophy. I found that I couldn't use many of their original products, but after the company had been sold and developed some new products, I found many that worked for me. However, then philosophy was sold yet again to Coty, and the products slowly but surely turned bad for me. If the same thing happens with Paula's Choice, I guess I'll be on the hunt (again) for another skin care regimen. Normally, when the first buyer is not a company in the same business (like a private equity firm), they only buy it to "improve" the company enough to sell it to someone else (who is in the same business) for a profit.

I don't care who owns what, I just care whether or not the products I use are efficacious for me and how the business is conducted, i.e. animal testing, etc. We'll see.

Honored Contributor

On 7/23/2014 geezerette said:

I suppose only time will tell what, if anything, happens to the products. I'm another relatively recent convert to Paula's Choice so I actually wasn't using the products when she was the sole owner. Having gone through the trial phase of discovering which products I need, I find that at least half of what works for me are the newest products the company has offered (which would be after the company was sold). The same thing happened to me with philosophy. I found that I couldn't use many of their original products, but after the company had been sold and developed some new products, I found many that worked for me. However, then philosophy was sold yet again to Coty, and the products slowly but surely turned bad for me. If the same thing happens with Paula's Choice, I guess I'll be on the hunt (again) for another skin care regimen. Normally, when the first buyer is not a company in the same business (like a private equity firm), they only buy it to "improve" the company enough to sell it to someone else (who is in the same business) for a profit.

I don't care who owns what, I just care whether or not the products I use are efficacious for me and how the business is conducted, i.e. animal testing, etc. We'll see.

I was actually thinking the same thing last night after posting on this thread. I have been using her products since early last year, so I think I'm also one who has pretty much been a customer since any changes in the company.

Trusted Contributor

are they cruelty free?