Super Contributor

Re: Paula Sold Paula's Choice

Like others said, what are you gonna do? But I understand that you establish a TRUST for a person who has been so helpful and supportive. I'm not a big Paula user, but I know so many are and are so happy with the products. Here's hoping that -- for once -- the new owner doesn't mess with success.

Trusted Contributor

Don't get yourself upset, X123. Just place her on ignore. Or him. Although, I have found that these kinds of comments are mostly made by women. Men, usually (I say usually because it used to be that way, although, now they are picking up womenisms) come at you more directly. Yes, I am generalizing. I was an observer to a very nasty thread recently amongst proponents of Paula's and protagonists of that brand. I thought the fate of the world rested on the results of that thread, there was so much angst and vitriol. And, here we are, she has sold the line and has a minority share. What is the lesson learned?

Valued Contributor

It seems the company has flourished more with the new changes. Expansion of her product line, the addition of cosmetics, more knowledgeable staff, more education for consumers via YouTube, the move to a new a bigger facility, etc. Sometimes there is only so much a sole owner can do but having investors really can help to achieve a better more productive business. Paula's Choice consumers are savvy (thanks to Paula's education) and changing formulations would be a shot in the foot for them. I don't think they would mess with that but I do think the prices will increase with time which is ok with me.

Honored Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Deanie said:

Don't get yourself upset, X123. Just place her on ignore. Or him. Although, I have found that these kinds of comments are mostly made by women. Men, usually (I say usually because it used to be that way, although, now they are picking up womenisms) come at you more directly. Yes, I am generalizing. I was an observer to a very nasty thread recently amongst proponents of Paula's and protagonists of that brand. I thought the fate of the world rested on the results of that thread, there was so much angst and vitriol. And, here we are, she has sold the line and has a minority share. What is the lesson learned?

What is the lesson learned? I don't get this. I saw nothing whatsoever wrong with the OP starting this thread, and as far as I could see, only poster was a bit snippy.

So one good lesson on a message board is to very careful not to focus on one slightly snippy answer at the expense of all the rest.

If you're literally speaking what lesson is learned regarding a change in the structure of a skin care company, I'd say that it's Business 101. Heck, it's Life 101 -- nothing stays the same.

But no formulas have been altered, the philosophy behind the brand is the same, more interesting products have been added, and customer service is still the best around. So all in all, this is a good thing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

On 7/22/2014 Funloving said:

I hope they keep the prices affordable. I too have been with Paula since day one, starting with her 8% AHA Gel.

I agree with the others.. keep the ingredient decks alone, no animal testing with reasonable pricing & I'll continue to buy.

Those are my feelings as well. Unfortunately, the trend has been higher prices in the last 2 years with the new products, and shrinking the size of products without changing the price. No, it's not happening to everything yet, but I am concerned. I am fearful that "expansion" might also mean "expansion of profits," too.

CeeCee

Regular Contributor

Wow! I had no idea. I've noticed she has had a lot of new products of late, and prices have gone up. Perhaps that is why. Whatever they do, I sure hope they don't change the formulations! The BHA 2% liquid is a HG product, as is the skin balancing cleanser. I'd hate to have to look for replacements.

Trusted Contributor

I would respectfully request that you place me on ignore SuzyQ3 and I will do the same with you. I have been monitoring the tone of your responses to my posts, that were never directed at you, but, you seem to take pleasure in singling me out. I say this because I was reading other posts and how you responded to people who did not agree with your opinion. The timber of your posts actually remind me of Fluffy2. I care nothing about Paula's Choice, however, you seem to be vested in her products. So be it. Let us agree to disagree.

Honored Contributor

I'm a recent convert to her line, well, if you can call one retinol product being converted. Here's hoping they don't go the way of Ojon. Is that company even in business after Estee Lauder ruined it? Not all takeovers are successful.

Respected Contributor

On 7/22/2014 suzyQ3 said:

What is the lesson learned? I don't get this. I saw nothing whatsoever wrong with the OP starting this thread, and as far as I could see, only poster was a bit snippy.

So one good lesson on a message board is to very careful not to focus on one slightly snippy answer at the expense of all the rest.

If you're literally speaking what lesson is learned regarding a change in the structure of a skin care company, I'd say that it's Business 101. Heck, it's Life 101 -- nothing stays the same.

But no formulas have been altered, the philosophy behind the brand is the same, more interesting products have been added, and customer service is still the best around. So all in all, this is a good thing.

I just hope PC stays a good thing.

Honored Contributor

I would respectfully request that you place me on ignore SuzyQ3 and I will do the same with you. I have been monitoring the tone of your responses to my posts, that were never directed at you, but, you seem to take pleasure in singling me out. I say this because I was reading other posts and how you responded to people who did not agree with your opinion. The timber of your posts actually remind me of Fluffy2. I care nothing about Paula's Choice, however, you seem to be vested in her products. So be it. Let us agree to disagree.

I have no clue what you're talking about. And I don't know who Fluffy 2 is and am not interested in finding out.

I don't even recognize your nic. But since you've been monitoring my posts and find them distasteful, then by all means, put me on ignore. I will not do the same at this point.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland