Contributor

I was reading one of your comments about Vitamin C Serum about the different types of Vitamin C.  You said that one type would eliminate age spots.  I think it started with a T.

I would love to know if I could add this to a current product that I am already using.  It is When Hope is not Enough.  I love the smell of this product & the consistency.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

@NESSADALE.  You must have the name in the body of the post for someone to receive a notification.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@NESSADALE 

Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, or THD ascorbate, is an oil. Using a 10% strength has been shown to fade and eliminate brown spots over time with consistent use. 

Adding the pure THD oil to an already made serum may or may not work because the THD oil may not mix physically or chemically with the other ingredients found in the serum. I suggest looking for a THD serum, one with about 10% THD.

Super Contributor
@SilleeMee

Do you know whether THD will remain effective when combined with Matrixyl? Also, would you recommend THD application in morning, evening or BOTH? Thanks 😊
Honored Contributor

@MsCatLuver wrote:
@SilleeMee

Do you know whether THD will remain effective when combined with Matrixyl? Also, would you recommend THD application in morning, evening or BOTH? Thanks 😊

@MsCatLuver 

THD has a pH of 5.5 to 6.5 which makes it compatible with most other skin actives and since it is an oil that makes it very stable in the presence of water as well as with  products which contain water. I layer mine under my Retin-A at night and then apply the THD again in the morning after rinsing.

Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thank you for the information.  I know that you make your own serum, but do you know of any good serum that already has this type of vitamin c in it?

Again, thank you in advance for your help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging Silleemee

[ Edited ]

@NESSADALE wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Thank you for the information.  I know that you make your own serum, but do you know of any good serum that already has this type of vitamin c in it?

Again, thank you in advance for your help.

@NESSADALE 

I don't have many recs for you. All I can say is do a search for serums with the THD in it.  Right off the bat I can tell you PTR has his Potent-C products which has it and he offers a spot-treatment product made specifically for dark spots...you might want to look a that one. He also has a Potent-C serum, too. Prai Beauty has their Potent-C Power Drops. 

Super Contributor
@SilleeMee Thank you
Contributor

@SilleeMee 

great recommendations!  Thanks for your help!

Honored Contributor

You're welcome.Woman Happy @NESSADALE