Super Contributor

--LOL. They were a bonded pair and the shelter would not release only one. More to love!!!! They're adorable but they need some house training. lol

I think that is so sweet the way animals bond like that. It was good they were kept together. House training sure can be a lot of work. We just kept being consistent and waiting for the results-for things to sink in I suppose.

--Once October comes, things settle down for me and I would like to try something new. I can't wait to hear your review.

My goodness that is a long while before things will settle down! The Tria does take time, those 5 nights per week. I'm not going to do just weekdays. I think I'll be better about doing it on weekends and a few weekdays.

I've been feeling old and tired lately. Ugh. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I think I might need to cut back on coffee or something. Perhaps too much of the up and down energy level.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about the BM kit you are getting. I cancelled mine and hope I don't regret it. Been feeling the need for a change.

I will keep in mind the shades you mentioned. I'll check out the lipstick and nail polish at some point. Its tough to get out to Sephora at times. Today I got a 20% off Ulta coupon and its the nice one where you can use it on prestige brands.

Did you get the postcard from HSN? It has a small photo of the Trish TS. Looks very similar to last years. I wonder if it contains the Dual Resort bronzer? Very difficult to tell as the photo is tiny.

Super Contributor
On 3/31/2014 bljed said:

I think that is so sweet the way animals bond like that. It was good they were kept together. House training sure can be a lot of work. We just kept being consistent and waiting for the results-for things to sink in I suppose.

--Yeah, now they are bonded to me and they follow me all around, and when I am not in the room or not home they get themselves into trouble. I hope it sinks in soon. Unfortunately they are not puppies so it's going to take time changing their old ways. Anyway, they make me laugh. They're adorable. I never had a small dog before these two.

My goodness that is a long while before things will settle down!

--School will be done. Yay!

The Tria does take time, those 5 nights per week. I'm not going to do just weekdays. I think I'll be better about doing it on weekends and a few weekdays.

--I agree. Do it when you have more time (if that is really a reality) because once it becomes a chore you won't want to do it anymore. Think of it as relaxing time and weekends are good for that.

I've been feeling old and tired lately. Ugh. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I think I might need to cut back on coffee or something. Perhaps too much of the up and down energy level.

--I feel your pain. The funny thing is I don't even care. Too tired to care. I am not eating right and I have to take care of that.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about the BM kit you are getting. I cancelled mine and hope I don't regret it. Been feeling the need for a change.

--I doubt you will regret it. You have nice stuff you really like. My guess is if you didn't like the first one, it's likely you won't like the follow ups.

I will keep in mind the shades you mentioned. I'll check out the lipstick and nail polish at some point. Its tough to get out to Sephora at times. Today I got a 20% off Ulta coupon and its the nice one where you can use it on prestige brands.

--That's good. I don't order often from them but I was able to use a $3.50 coupon last time. I have a stash of my Hada Labo so I'm set for a while. I used the glamgow this morning because I haven't had the time to care for my face. I just used the purity wipes to remove makeup (like these wipes) and nothing else. Some nights I actually fell asleep with makeup on. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

Did you get the postcard from HSN? It has a small photo of the Trish TS. Looks very similar to last years. I wonder if it contains the Dual Resort bronzer? Very difficult to tell as the photo is tiny.

No, I didn't get one. I gave them enough business, she should keep me updated. I actually order more non-cosmetic products from them then I do Q. Do you have the dual resort bronzer or is that the one you showed me in a link once?

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

--Yeah, now they are bonded to me and they follow me all around, and when I am not in the room or not home they get themselves into trouble. I hope it sinks in soon. Unfortunately they are not puppies so it's going to take time changing their old ways. Anyway, they make me laugh. They're adorable. I never had a small dog before these two

I'll bet they are cute and will be wonderful companions as well. My dog escaped to the upstairs this afternoon and I had to dig one half of a stick drive cover out of his mouth! I have to use a baby gate with him.

--School will be done. Yay!

Oh yes, I understand!! The light at the end of the tunnel is in site. When I've gone through periods of time like that I have found that minimal makeup is best so that if I plop into bed with some on its not as bad. Skip foundation and the heavy eye makeup when you're really busy. We all know what its like to be too tired to care about washing your face at night. I bought some cleansing wipes for those days, I figured better than nothing. Wearing BM might be your best best as Leslie always said "its pure enough to sleep in'!! LOL

--I feel your pain. The funny thing is I don't even care. Too tired to care. I am not eating right and I have to take care of that.

That can be an issue for me as well. I'm driven more by emotions and they seem to change more often than I'd like. LOL I noticed I had a very bad habit of eating to stay awake when I'm really tired but cannot yet go to bed. Its an odd thing that I've struggled with. A lot of people lose their appetite when tired.

My first Tria session was not bad. Honestly I could definitely feel it as it stung and left my face warm. No real redness and my skin felt amazing this morning after using the serum they include. I just wonder if it will really work! I'd like it to help with fine lines around my eyes. Mine are more under the eye area. As I age I'm getting more of the hollowed type look. DH is getting more eye bags. I can see clearly its genetic. His dad has large eye bags and my folks both don't have bags but more of that hollowed look I'm getting. Genetics are huge with aging but I figure if I take good care of my skin and have reasonable expectations I can slow it down a bit. I think a lot of people still look their age even if they barely have a line or wrinkle. Just want that healthy skin look and not deep lines and age spots.

Yes, I think the dual resort bronzer was one I had linked to you as I though you might like it. One side is shimmer. I received the JM Be Renewed body butter and hand cream and really like it. You have to like floral to like it but its not too heavy. I think its very nice for warmer weather.

Contributor

Hey gals!!!

How have you been? Sorry, I have been MIA for a while. What's new? It seems like there's a lot of posts that I have to catch up with.

Super Contributor
On 4/2/2014 PerriTwins said:

Hey gals!!!

How have you been? Sorry, I have been MIA for a while. What's new? It seems like there's a lot of posts that I have to catch up with.

Doing pretty well here. Nice to 'see' ya!!! Its been a long draggy winter up here and honestly it was getting to me. We've turned a corner so hopefully I'll feel more on track with things.

Bought my first beauty facial gadget. LOL I'm trying out the Tria laser. I'll post what I think of it. Seems like it will be quite a while before possibly seeing any results. Hoping I can get through the somewhat uncomfortable sensations it provides and not get overly dry skin!

How are you?

Super Contributor
On 4/2/2014 PerriTwins said:

Hey gals!!!

Hi PT.

Yes, there are a lot of posts for you to catch up on. Nothing new other than I am into my nails more than makeup and skincare these days. lol

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
On 4/2/2014 bljed said:

My first Tria session was not bad. Honestly I could definitely feel it as it stung and left my face warm. No real redness and my skin felt amazing this morning after using the serum they include. I just wonder if it will really work! I'd like it to help with fine lines around my eyes. Mine are more under the eye area. As I age I'm getting more of the hollowed type look. DH is getting more eye bags. I can see clearly its genetic. His dad has large eye bags and my folks both don't have bags but more of that hollowed look I'm getting. Genetics are huge with aging but I figure if I take good care of my skin and have reasonable expectations I can slow it down a bit. I think a lot of people still look their age even if they barely have a line or wrinkle. Just want that healthy skin look and not deep lines and age spots.

Yes, I think the dual resort bronzer was one I had linked to you as I though you might like it. One side is shimmer. I received the JM Be Renewed body butter and hand cream and really like it. You have to like floral to like it but its not too heavy. I think its very nice for warmer weather.

It sounds like the Tria is working out well. I saw some "ouch" threads, but I guess that is expected. Did you increase the intensity, because I think that is the "ouch" factor. Just take it slow.

My BE AD has been postpones to 4/21 and I am hoping they are not playing games. Honestly, I am thinking of canceling. At this point I only want the liner more than anything, so this delay may be my opportunity to cancel. I have so much makeup and realize I don't need any more. I also have dog expenses again and have to take that into consideration.

I really like the Philosophy Purity cleansing oil. I am also thinking of trying the BE oils and eye balm, but won't order until I am done with everything I have. I will be ready for the October 20% Sephora sale and that will be helpful.

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

It sounds like the Tria is working out well. I saw some "ouch" threads, but I guess that is expected. Did you increase the intensity, because I think that is the "ouch" factor. Just take it slow.

++I bumped to the Level 2 last night and looked like I had a sunburn AND my face was on fire. I used ice on it for a while. Yes, I felt a bit of panic. LOL This morning skin looks and feels great. Its honestly bizarre to do this and look worse for a while! Level 3 makes me quite nervous.

My BE AD has been postpones to 4/21 and I am hoping they are not playing games. Honestly, I am thinking of canceling. At this point I only want the liner more than anything, so this delay may be my opportunity to cancel. I have so much makeup and realize I don't need any more. I also have dog expenses again and have to take that into consideration.

+++This might be time to remember the no-buy. You got some really nice things from BB lately for spring. If you only want the liner I wouldn't bother. How often will you wear teal? You can get that shade easily from other brands. I went back earlier in the week and reinstated the TSV but then once again had a change of heart and cancelled. I just wanted to 'play' with new shades and am hoping it will work. In my heart I know I don't need any of it and the powders are not as preferred for me as cream formulas these days. I just bought the EL BG cream blush. I'm also eyeing a handbag I like and would rather have that than more makeup. Its been hard with the 20% off Ulta coupon. Still considering the little makeover even in May if I keep up with my diet so I may opt to purchase something then for warmer weather. Yes, you also have double dog expenses!

I really like the Philosophy Purity cleansing oil. I am also thinking of trying the BE oils and eye balm, but won't order until I am done with everything I have. I will be ready for the October 20% Sephora sale and that will be helpful.

+++Oct is not too far away but far enough to get through more products. Just keep a list and I'm sure it might change over time. I got the 15% off for Sephora but don't think I want anything.

Super Contributor
On 4/5/2014 bljed said:

++I bumped to the Level 2 last night and looked like I had a sunburn AND my face was on fire. I used ice on it for a while. Yes, I felt a bit of panic. LOL This morning skin looks and feels great. Its honestly bizarre to do this and look worse for a while! Level 3 makes me quite nervous.

--That's amazing! I'm sure you are anxious about level 3 but with good results in the morning, it's worth it.

+++This might be time to remember the no-buy. You got some really nice things from BB lately for spring. If you only want the liner I wouldn't bother. How often will you wear teal? You can get that shade easily from other brands. I went back earlier in the week and reinstated the TSV but then once again had a change of heart and cancelled. I just wanted to 'play' with new shades and am hoping it will work. In my heart I know I don't need any of it and the powders are not as preferred for me as cream formulas these days. I just bought the EL BG cream blush. I'm also eyeing a handbag I like and would rather have that than more makeup. Its been hard with the 20% off Ulta coupon. Still considering the little makeover even in May if I keep up with my diet so I may opt to purchase something then for warmer weather. Yes, you also have double dog expenses!

--I considered it all morning and canceled the whole AD. I am quite happy with all the stuff I own. I had to speed up my auto-delivery for YBF pencils this week so I had to invest in cosmetics. How do you like that BG cream blush? I still have money left on my Macys gc and will probably order the Phil Summer Grace set and possibly the BE liner in Forever brandy. I will still have money left on my card and will order the BE oils in the future. I need to (and want to) finish up what I have. I just finished my shiseido day moisturizer so I will move on to the samples I have from EL. Dog expenses are starting to add up..grooming today!! lol They make me happy and that's all that counts.

+++Oct is not too far away but far enough to get through more products. Just keep a list and I'm sure it might change over time. I got the 15% off for Sephora but don't think I want anything.

--With the past winter we had, I want to think it's very far away but in our cosmetic world, it's not. I have enough stuff to last until October, I am sure. 20% in October will be perfect. If I had ordered on line instead of going to the event, I would have spent a lot less in sephora or maybe nothing at all.

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

--That's amazing! I'm sure you are anxious about level 3 but with good results in the morning, it's worth it.

Its amazing my face could hurt and look fried but be perfectly fine in the morning. {#emotions_dlg.lol} My guess is that this device will actually DO something at some point. Just hoping to reduce fine lines and brighten the complexion. I have a feeling that if women do little things here and there over time they just look better than doing nothing at all and then freaking out when everything seems to get bad all at once. LOL I have a strong feeling that once certain hormonal changes hit we are at its mercy to a certain extent.

Your dogs will make you happier than any new lipgloss or eyeshadow…..we already have a lot of nice things so its time to relax and enjoy them. Planning future purchases is a great idea and gives us time to think. I used to do a lot more impulse shopping with makeup that I rarely do now. I'm really like the Trish McEvoy Number 3 and was told I smell good with it on. I am hoping for an hsn coupon so I can get a bottle of it. Too bad she doesn't do it in the rollerball or other configurations. I was tempted by the EL Pleasures Eau Fraiche (sp??) and they have a new Pleasures that is a floral with a "splash of coconut water" and I wanted to test that too.

My dog requires haircuts as he's a non shedder are yours like that? I end up spending more on his hair than my own. LOL

I do like the BG cream blush. It is very sheer and buildable. Looks really scary in the pan. When I first tried it at home I thought 'oh no what have I done!" then I retried it with a foundation brush and it looked very nice. It reads pinkish on me. Today I'm wearing JM Vacay Rose. I need to apply more again before going out. I tend to not put on enough because I'm scared I'll look overdone.

I can tell you that I LOVE the Forever Brandy shade and think you will too. A very pretty brown. I've determined that I look best in rich brown shades. BB has new 'gel liners' in pencil form that look really pretty. I was thinking of trying one-but will visit a counter first to check them out. They said they are good for tightlining. If thats the case they would be a few dollars less than Trish's and open up more shade options for me. Yesterday I threw on a NYX brown liner and it transferred terrible to my upper lid. Now I know why some of these were just sitting in my liner cup and why I ended up hunting for more. Mally also has new liners that are just like the new Smashbox one I got. Her price is great because she puts them in a duo but all have a black one and black is too harsh.

Thats good you are liking the oil. You have your list for Oct and there is nothing out there that will be gone forever by then. It reminds me of something I've been telling myself lately while trying to lose weight. "I can have that but just not right now." Its like chocolate….I'll never not eat it again but just right now I choose not to so I can get better results. When I do indulge it will be done thoughtfully and I will then enjoy it. I was SO tempted with the Ulta coupon to get the Lorac Pro Palette. I need shadows like hole in the head. yes in the cosmetic world Oct is not far away. LOL

Ok, question for you as I know you are more stylish than I. You know how I PINE over handbags. I found one I like in the camel shade. Do you think this is a good neutral for someone who wears cooler shades for most things? I have what is called Bronde hair (blonde/brown)-the blonde shades are cool toned. PerriTwin would be good with this as she matches bags to her outfits.

http://www.sundancecatalog.com/product/double+take+bag.do?sortby=ourPicks