Honored Contributor

A few professional questions, if you don't mind for our scissors wizards.  

Image result for victoria beckham haircut

Looking at this haircut, what kind of hair (weight and texture) do you think is her natural hair?

I see other pictures where her hair looks very thin, but here it appears to be thick.

This looks like minimal day to day maintenance, but the key is to get a good cut and maintain it.

How often do you think this haircut needs to be shaped, for it to look like this (and not turn into a mullet, for example)?

Honored Contributor

Re: Paging Hair Stylists

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono I've had quite a bit of short hair cuts.  Of course it always depends on how fast your hair grows, but up keep would be every 4-6 weeks because it's a precise cut and you don't want that "newly cut off" look that happens when someone waits too long.

I was told hair grows an inch a month.

Very cute!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Looking at this haircut, what kind of hair (weight and texture) do you think is her natural hair?

I see other pictures where her hair looks very thin, but here it appears to be thick.

This looks like minimal day to day maintenance, but the key is to get a good cut and maintain it.

How often do you think this haircut needs to be shaped, for it to look like this (and not turn into a mullet, for example)?

@lolakimono   If shorter hair is on the thin side and layers are added in strategic areas, hair can look thicker. Shorter hair requires frequent cutting...4-6 weeks when mine was short and using mousse, gel, etc. to beef it up. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono- are you thinking about getting this cut?  It looks like a great cut.   I agree with you about Victoria's hair.  I always thought it looked on the thin side too, but with this cut, it definitely looks thick.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@lolakimono- are you thinking about getting this cut?  It looks like a great cut.   I agree with you about Victoria's hair.  I always thought it looked on the thin side too, but with this cut, it definitely looks thick.

@San Antonio Gal   Could she have some extensions in there? It's been my experience having had cuts of various lengths, really short like a pixie is easy...just frequent cuts, this type of cut requires daily styling and lots of product which personally I don't like. Longer hair is more versatile and needs less frequent cutting. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Thinking about it.

I am a wash and wear girl.  I don't use tools or products on my hair, and because of allergies the most I can tolerate is highlights.  I will probably never color my hair, when the time comes.

I had a cut that I liked for a few years, but my stylist works part time so I have to book like the next two haircuts at a time. I did go every six weeks, because the back grows very fast and it isn't long before I have a mullet.

I have very thick hair with some wave, but because there is so much of it I usually have it thinned.  Right now I have an undercut, where my hair is shaved about 2/3 of the way up underneath my bob.  It helps it to lie flat.  When she uses the thinning shears, then I get the wiry rooster pieces up top and by the time I get my hair cut again it looks like cotton candy ends.  I have done point cutting, which I like better, because it lays flatter.

My stylist charges $50 for a haircut, which is literally just wetting the hair (sometimes a wash) the cut, and I am off.  I don't like to be enclosed in the salon with all the smells, so whatever I can do to get in and out quickly is what I do.  I don't know that I could commit to every four weeks, if that's what it would take to keep me looking from Roseanne Roseannadanna.

Honored Contributor

Her hair has a lots of product and styling, these looks were profesisonally styled

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

I wore my hair in a similar style. (mine had more bangs)  I had "a lot" (according to my stylist) poker straight (colored) hair.  Because I had my roots done every 3 weeks, I had the back trimmed every time.  A full hair cut was done every other time.  For me, it was quite a bit of work.  I used a root spray, as well as rollers for fullness.  I also used a flat iron on the ends. 

I found this from a study on hair growth.

The average hair growth rate of Asian female participants was nearly 6 inches per year. Comparatively, African female participants' hair grew 4 inches (10 cm) per year, while Caucasian female participants' hair grew a little more than 5 inches (13 cm) per year.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Since hair grows on average 1/2 inch per month, it would be dependent upon how skilled the hairdresser is. Some haircuts I have found lose their shape quickly if the hairdresser is not too skilled with the scissors.

As far as the model's hair texture, she may have very fine hair but if she lightens her hair it swells the hairshaft and it gives incredible amounts of body. Without haircolor, this hairstyle may adhere to the head if someone has fine, wispy hair...even if they have a lot of hair.

Honored Contributor

When you see celebs in magazines, you have to realize their hair was professionally done, more than likely not by them. You may never be able to get the same look yourself ( chances are doing their own hair, they'll never get the same look either).