Honored Contributor

Re: PTR "Today's Special?" (Tues, April 5)

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

1.5 % does not seem like a very high percentage. Now, I see some are up to 3%. I did use the PTR product a while back with no real results. 

@Shelbelle 

It can be misleading when you see anything over 2% retinol. More than likely it's a 'retinol blend' which is what the answer will be if you ask the manufacturer. 2% is the highest allowable OTC. A 'blend' would contain not only the retinol but the esters and aldehydes as well.

Dr Dubrow's Regenerol Serum is 3% Encapsulated Retinol, I have it in my stash, just not tried it yet. You can check his ingredients out on SHQ. 

@Shelbelle 

Where can I find the percent retinol in that Regenerol?

I have heard him say many times on the air that his Regenerol line is as follows

Concentrate is 3%

Cream is 1%

Pads are traces of retinol. 

There is also a day product called Regenerol Compound but I cant swear to the percentage. He does have a customer service dept listed on his Consult Beaute website, you can contact them with questions. 

Honored Contributor

Does anyone know how high the percentages go in Beauty Bio Science with their 4 phase system?

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Does anyone know how high the percentages go in Beauty Bio Science with their 4 phase system?

All I know about those R45 products is that they contain retinol complex, not pure retinol.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

All I know about those R45 products is that they contain retinol complex, not pure retinol.

Thanks so mucvh, I never believed that their percents are that high, even in the 4th bottle. 

Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@leigh wrote:

Does he disclose the retinol content of this PTR serum?

I was going to purchase Denese 2-piece supersized set which has a good deal through April and got sidetracked by this.

I recently started using No7's retinol so I'm not even sure I need either.

1.5%

Thanks!

The No7 is 0.3% retinol in a 1.5% complex.

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Does the PTR Retinol Fusion work for crepey arms and legs?  Do you apply it straight or mix with non-glycolic body lotion, cream, or butter?

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I mix it with my WEN Ultra Nourishing Body Treatment cream and I've noticed it really takes the hydration to the next level & the bumps on the back of my arms aren't noticeable anymore.  I apply it every morning and the next morning, my skin is as soft as the previous morning.

Another "WENner" turned me on to this combination & I've been doing it ever since.

@SurferWife I am glad you are enjoying this combo as much as I do, I have really noticed good improvement in my skin with the two. I went on auto delivery for the TSV, great price for both the bottles and auto ship for 5 years, happy about this!

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl 

Thanks for joining the conversation.  I couldn't remember who told me to add the Retinol to my WEN.  Now I remember it was YOU!  That is some great advice!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.