Valued Contributor

PTR new retinol fusion eye cream

I would love feedback from those of you that ordered the TSV early and have been using the products.  My concern is regarding the new eye cream...

I find that the eye cream is drying and am only using it every third night.  This is disappointing as I had high hopes for it!

The other two products I have been using for years and am happy with them!

Regular Contributor

Re: PTR new retinol fusion eye cream

I do not find it very moisturizing. But 

l like the idea of Retinol around the eye. After it sinks in I put a bit of the night cream over it.

Contributor

Hmmm. I hesitatingly ordered last night, primarily for the eye cream. By the time I ordered, all was left was waitlist. Maybe I should just cancel....

The before and after pics of the eye cream sold me. So, I'm gathering you ladies didn't see these results?
Honored Contributor

@jump4joy wrote:

I would love feedback from those of you that ordered the TSV early and have been using the products.  My concern is regarding the new eye cream...

I find that the eye cream is drying and am only using it every third night.  This is disappointing as I had high hopes for it!

Retinol can, at times, be drying.  BUT...it works.  Use something over it.  The retinol will help with fine lines and wrinkles.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@jump4joy wrote:

Retinol can, at times, be drying.  BUT...it works.  Use something over it.  The retinol will help with fine lines and wrinkles.

Yes, I am going to try that tonight.  Of course, the cold weather is probably adding to the problem.  Think I will also use less product -- more is not always better, especially with retinol products.  My under eye area just looked so dry and tight a few minutes after I applied the eye cream, and I started to worry!  ( It looked really bad)!  Thanks for your helpful reply!

Honored Contributor

I just finished a container of Phil. Retinoid Eye Cream, did not notice any differences, but had no dryness either.

Valued Contributor

@Fish in the Sea wrote:
Hmmm. I hesitatingly ordered last night, primarily for the eye cream. By the time I ordered, all was left was waitlist. Maybe I should just cancel....

The before and after pics of the eye cream sold me. So, I'm gathering you ladies didn't see these results?

Honestly, I have not used it long enough to really expect to see much improvement.  But, I have even used PTR's Retinol Fusion under my eyes and not experienced the dryness and tightness I did with this cream.  It is definitely not a product I can use without adding an additional moisturizer.  I won't give up yet ....

If you are on wait list, why not wait a  bit and check the reviews.  Hopefully, others will have positive comments.  Good luck if you try it!

Honored Contributor

@jump4joy wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@jump4joy wrote:

Yes, I am going to try that tonight.  Of course, the cold weather is probably adding to the problem.  Think I will also use less product -- more is not always better, especially with retinol products.  My under eye area just looked so dry and tight a few minutes after I applied the eye cream, and I started to worry!  ( It looked really bad)!  Thanks for your helpful reply!

It will do that.  Retinol and Retin A, if not blended with some moisturizer, can also be drying.  Yes, use a moisturizer or an oil over it (like Argan oil).  Regular eye creams that are moisturizing don't seem to get rid of any fine lines or wrinkles.  I want something that helps minimize them and retinol and retin a are proven.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Regular Contributor

@jump4joy wrote:

@Fish in the Sea wrote:

Honestly, I have not used it long enough to really expect to see much improvement.  But, I have even used PTR's Retinol Fusion under my eyes and not experienced the dryness and tightness I did with this cream.  It is definitely not a product I can use without adding an additional moisturizer.  I won't give up yet ....

If you are on wait list, why not wait a  bit and check the reviews.  Hopefully, others will have positive comments.  Good luck if you try it!

I am on wait list because I took so long on deciding if I should get it or not.  I am hoping some reviews come in soon!!

Valued Contributor

So it would be OK to mix a little argan oil in with the PTR retinol eye cream?  That could solve my problem!