Trusted Contributor

I know this has been a previous discussion but I can't seem to get a conclusive answer. Yes or no - does PTR do animal testing? PB says yes on her website. But I seem to remember that someone disputed that and said that her resources at PTR revealed that he does not. I would like to try his "Unwrinkle" line but animal testing is a deal-breaker for me. Anyone know for sure? And where can I get accurate unbiased info (other than here!!)?

I have used Dr D for years (she does not do animal testing and her products are USA-produced - 2 things that are important to me), but lately I've become disenchanted with her. First - she signed up with a mass-marketer Guthy Renker and second, she seems to have disappeared from sight. My radar has gone up. Another radar bleep is that she hasn't had a website sale in some time and doesn't seem to be having her usual Black Friday website sale. (BTW - I noticed in small print that "Dr Denese is a trademark of Guthy Renker LLC".?? If she has sold out to them, I think this may change the entire company.)

Right now, both PTR and Skinstore have 20% off and this might be a good time to switch.

Frequent Contributor

My understanding is that PTR does do animal testing. Therefore, I have stopped using his products. I cannot speak to Dr Denese products.

I have switched to the most "natural" or "organic" products made in the USA that I am able to be comfortable with. These include Tata Harper, created in Vermont, and Mad Hippie, created on the west coast, I think.

Nice results, soothing for my combo skin, and they just introduced a Vitamin A serum which does not burn my skin.

PS: "Organic" or "natural" are totally subjective terms that I am using based on my own research so please don't slam me. Thank you. Kiss

Honored Contributor

Yes he is NO LONGER cruelty free. He recently pulled the ""cruelty free"" description off of his packaging. The reasoning behind this decision to start testing again is so he could sell in China.

Valued Contributor
I use PTR - on many of the bottles it states "animal cruelty free". Check out skinstore.com as well, they offer 20% often.
**Suz**
Honored Contributor
On 11/26/2014 Suz585 said: I use PTR - on many of the bottles it states "animal cruelty free". Check out skinstore.com as well, they offer 20% often.

if you contact customer service, they indicate that they still have many of the old packaging that still says cruelty free.

OP, you can contact customer service and IF they get back to you, they will tell you that they no longer on. You can also find several articles online about this very thing, some which have received responses from PTR and posted the responses and that coincide with what I have stated and have received from PTR.

Super Contributor
On 11/26/2014 Windycity said:

My understanding is that PTR does do animal testing. Therefore, I have stopped using his products. I cannot speak to Dr Denese products.

I have switched to the most "natural" or "organic" products made in the USA that I am able to be comfortable with. These include Tata Harper, created in Vermont, and Mad Hippie, created on the west coast, I think.

Nice results, soothing for my combo skin, and they just introduced a Vitamin A serum which does not burn my skin.

PS: "Organic" or "natural" are totally subjective terms that I am using based on my own research so please don't slam me. Thank you. Kiss

No slamming from me, I don't have any problems using or hearing the terms "organic" or "natural." I actually think they are relatively clear and are included in the products that I use, too Smiley Happy

Since removing products that primarily contain synthetics and artificial ingredients from my "diet" and went back to using products that primarily contain naturally derived ingredients, my skin is back to being healthy, balanced and free of lumps, bumps and problems.

I'm using Mad Hippies new Vit. A serum too and I'm really happy with it. I was looking forward to it's release and glad I made the purchase and will repurchase.

Super Contributor

PTR is on Logical Harmony's list to avoid.

Honored Contributor
On 11/26/2014 Windycity said:

Windycity, "organic" can be certified, so I don't think it's totally subjective. Now, "natural," yeah, not so much.

But the main thing is which products make you happy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

Perlier or Korres

Super Contributor
On 11/26/2014 melamwo said:

Perlier or Korres

Big thumbs up to Korres for pulling out of China!