Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee I have 4 full .05% creams left.  I DO NOT want to run out!!  LOL  I had bought a tube of the 1% gel and have used it only once.  I got quite a peel (thick, not just flakes) from it and am still getting flaking a couple weeks out.  I continue to use the .05 daily.  I like the result of cleaner pores which equals the look of smaller pores.  At almost 68, I know there won't be miracles.  Besides resorting to fillers and such, this is my best bet for improvement or at least a stop to rapid aging.  LOL Woman Wink  Along with SPF.

My apologies to OP for going even more off topic, but @tends2dogs could you please tell me a little more about your experience with ADC? I've been using over the counter retinols now for over a year and done well. Prior to that I guess I was trying to take it too fast and always burnt the heck out of myself...I just couldn't use them. Anyway, I would like to now try a real tretinoin product and I assume this is what you're talking about here. Can you give me some info on what you're using and about purchasing it from ADC? Thanks for any help!

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped 

Hope you don't mind me butting in. 

ADC accepts payment by eChecks only. No CC or PayPal are accepted there. So If you are not comfortable with providing them with your bank account numbers, which include your account and routing numbers, then you might not want to pursue buying from them. I have never had a problem with using eChecks. They are very secure.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@pupwhipped 

Hope you don't mind me butting in. 

ADC accepts payment by eChecks only. No CC or PayPal are accepted there. So If you are not comfortable with providing them with your bank account numbers, which include your account and routing numbers, then you might not want to pursue buying from them. I have never had a problem with using eChecks. They are very secure.

@SilleeMee, thank you, thank you! Yes, that's what I'm a little afraid of. I know others have not had a problem but my hubby (accountant) would look at me like I have two heads if I even mentioned the idea. I'm just wanting to step up my skin game here but without too much cost in case I simply can't tolerate tretinoin. I've been using all over the counter retinol products...CeraVe, Neutrogena, Olay, ROC, No. 7, and even a small sample size of both A-Passioni and Paula's Choice. May not be a good idea but I just rotate them around. Only product I could not use at all was Differin...set me on h*ll fire!!! Anyway, thanks again for your reply as I know you are quite knowledgeable in this area. And if I'd known I was going to type so much I wouldn't have made my font so large. Ha!    

Esteemed Contributor

Hey, @pupwhipped !  I just saw your post.  I have to say that I was a bit nervous about the whole checking account info being given out to a business in India, no less, but I had no problems at all.  When I reordered, I had to reenter all the numbers, etc again.  I am assuming (and trusting) that nothing was kept.  I have never had a problem.

Now, about what I used from them, in case you find another source, which I am thinking there is one that others have mentioned where you don't need a Rx.  Perhaps @SilleeMee  knows or someone else will step up and offer that info.  I began with the .5% cream every other day.  I had a slight flaking, no redness.  I upped it to nightly and that is what I have done since I began last October.  The main benefit I have noticed is that my pores look so much better.  Cleaner pores look smaller.  I am not expecting miracles HA! At almost 68 years old and a sun lover, I am wrinkled.  I don't plan to do fillers.  I can't turn back the clock, but if I can slow it down some......

One benefit, I feel that this is one of the best things I can use for anti aging, including SPF, so it has stopped my quest for the next best thing.  That has been freeing in itself, not to mention money saving.  

Try to convince your hubby to let you give it a go......it really will save you money in the long run.  Over the counter products aren't going to do what Retin A will do.  

Let us know!  Hey, did you ever get another dog?  Willie will be 5 in June!!!  Time flies......

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

I know there are other places where you can buy tretinoin w/o a Rx. But I don't remember their names. 

@pupwhipped 

This Hot and Flashy video is an excellent one to watch for tretinoin beginners. It's very helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQqOa6QcjMQ

Respected Contributor

Thanks so much, @tends2dogs. First off, no new dog yet. It's so very hard. I don't think we will get another until we truly want a new dog and are not just longing for our dog we lost. Also, we're older, have absolutely no support system to help us, and so we look at the responsibility of owning a dog a bit differently now. It's complicated. Ha! Anyway, thanks for asking and all the best to Willie Boy!

I think I am going to find a way to get the cream you're using...may just open me a little side checking account for that purpose. Have done that before for another little "venture" but closed it when we changed banks. Where there's a will there's a way, right? And thank you again for your response. OH, one question, you did not start with the .025 strength? You went straight to the .05? This one I'm assuming? Thanks! 

Retino A Cream .05% (20gm)

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@tends2dogs 

I know there are other places where you can buy tretinoin w/o a Rx. But I don't remember their names. 

@pupwhipped 

This Hot and Flashy video is an excellent one to watch for tretinoin beginners. It's very helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQqOa6QcjMQ

Thanks, @SilleeMee. I will go watch and take notes because in the past I've used all these kind of products incorrectly and paid the face on fire price. Woman Surprised  

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped  Yes, that is the one......Retino A Woman Wink.  It is  .05% not the .5 that I said before.  I began with that one and have pretty much stayed with that.  I did purchase the .1%.  It is a gel, not a cream.  They don't offer that strength in a cream.  I tried it once and it really caused a full face peel.  Not raw or red, but a good exfoliation.  I was able to handle it with argan oil and Josie Maran whipped argan oil butter.  I may try it again in the future, but I don't want that much peeling going on all the time.  I wish I had started it years ago.  I hope you can get your hands on some.  Delivery from ADC is taking around a month.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!