Respected Contributor

Re: PHILOSOPHY - NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE

lousgirl, are you typically very sensitive to fragrance or is there something about philosophy that is bothering you? For many years I have read complaints in this forum about the lack of staying power of the Graces. But your issue sounds almost health related. Is that right? I am sorry that you are having such a bad reaction.

I no longer use philosophy skin care (I find that the Josie Maran products are better for me) but I do use Amazing Grace shower gel, lotion and (occasionally) the spray fragrance. I have never had a problem with the scent lasting and receive lots of compliments on it. I don't know how to explain why my experience is so different from others.

Honored Contributor

I am a long time user of Philosophy. I remember when Falling in Love was offered and I think the FIL scent has more scent recently than years ago. I purchased and love the FIL TSV that included the tray, and smaller sizes. I have the Amazing Grace in the whipped body creme and the texture is very soft and it is scented perfectly for me. I would suggest anyone who prefers stronger fragrance to try Angel, Opium, or just go to a high end fragrance counter. They are available, but Philosophy is and never was meant to be a product that entered the room before you, or lingered after you left.
Honored Contributor

P.S. I also love Fresh Cream, Unconditional Love, and Baby Grace.
Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 Tissyanne said: I am a long time user of Philosophy. I remember when Falling in Love was offered and I think the FIL scent has more scent recently than years ago. I purchased and love the FIL TSV that included the tray, and smaller sizes. I have the Amazing Grace in the whipped body creme and the texture is very soft and it is scented perfectly for me. I would suggest anyone who prefers stronger fragrance to try Angel, Opium, or just go to a high end fragrance counter. They are available, but Philosophy is and never was meant to be a product that entered the room before you, or lingered after you left.
ITA. Been using philosophy for 10+ years.
Valued Contributor

On 12/22/2014 graycatsrule said:

graycatsrule, I have been using Philosophy since they came to QVC. Not exactly sure when that was but like you it has been over 10 years. This company and their products have brought much joy to me and gift recipients over the years.

Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 Dell said:
On 12/22/2014 graycatsrule said:

graycatsrule, I have been using Philosophy since they came to QVC. Not exactly sure when that was but like you it has been over 10 years. This company and their products have brought much joy to me and gift recipients over the years.

I was using principal secret until they left the q, then moved over to philosophy skin care. I like amazing grace, but have used other graces. I also give it as gifts.
New Contributor

For years I was a devoted Purity user. Now I only use Johnson's Baby Wash to clean my face. Better results, doesn't strip my skin, and for $10 get two 32oz bottles at Sams Club that will probably last a year.

Super Contributor

I've been reading threads like this for years. I have been loving philosophy for at least 15 years and personally haven't seen any change in quality. The product line changes, some things go ( Many of which I miss) but I haven't noticed any quality issues I I use everything from skincare, to bath products to fragrance. If you feel the product or line is toxic tho? And then you re-buy? That I question.....
Valued Contributor

On 12/22/2014 CCBeauty said: I've been reading threads like this for years. I have been loving philosophy for at least 15 years and personally haven't seen any change in quality. The product line changes, some things go ( Many of which I miss) but I haven't noticed any quality issues I I use everything from skincare, to bath products to fragrance. If you feel the product or line is toxic tho? And then you re-buy? That I question.....

Good question CCBeauty. Why re-buy if this product line is toxic? Makes no sense to me. I also haven't seen any change in quality.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/22/2014 islandgrrl said:

lousgirl, are you typically very sensitive to fragrance or is there something about philosophy that is bothering you? For many years I have read complaints in this forum about the lack of staying power of the Graces. But your issue sounds almost health related. Is that right? I am sorry that you are having such a bad reaction.

I no longer use philosophy skin care (I find that the Josie Maran products are better for me) but I do use Amazing Grace shower gel, lotion and (occasionally) the spray fragrance. I have never had a problem with the scent lasting and receive lots of compliments on it. I don't know how to explain why my experience is so different from others.

No I am not. I try new fragrances all the time - by getting samples. I am not really allergic to anything but if you read some of the ingredients - they are quite suspect.