Honored Contributor

Many years ago on Q, I remember an older blonde woman who came on w/ a nail strengthening polish. I swear that was also Perfect Formula in a lot of colors. 

Anyone else remember this?

Trusted Contributor

Wasn't that the lady who put the polish on horse's hoofs and she bent her nails backwards until you thought they'd break?

Regular Contributor

@Shanus It was Doris Crary, the creator of ProStrong.  The products are still available on QVC as well as the ProStrong web site.

Respected Contributor

The same woman who used to bring out a piece of wood and whack her nails on it over and over until sawdust formed on the table?  That used to make me nauseous.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

That woman who used to shred the board with her nails sold TIPS.  I used that product for years.  Her demos seemed to be universally disliked by viewers.  I just ordered the Perfect Formula the other night, hope I'm not sorry.  Nail polish totally destroys my nails.  My last trial was with Julep and their Oxygen formula.  Just as bad.  I'm trying the Perfect Formula because she said it fills in ridges.  My nails now are in stronger condition using First Aid Ultra Repair Cream, that skin stuff. 

Respected Contributor

@depglass  I've been using the Perfect Formula pink gel coat for about a year and I like it better than some others I've tried.  It does give you a nice thick "gel" layer under your polish (I like to have colored nails on top).  My nails have gotten dry and brittle as I've aged, so I use an oily scrub on them, then rinse, dry, and apply the PF as a base coat (one coat).

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

That woman who used to shred the board with her nails sold TIPS.  I used that product for years.  Her demos seemed to be universally disliked by viewers.  I just ordered the Perfect Formula the other night, hope I'm not sorry.  Nail polish totally destroys my nails.  My last trial was with Julep and their Oxygen formula.  Just as bad.  I'm trying the Perfect Formula because she said it fills in ridges.  My nails now are in stronger condition using First Aid Ultra Repair Cream, that skin stuff. 

@depglass disturbing presentation or not- TIPS works !! Good to hear about FAB ultra repair cream, I use it reguarly and I'll be sure to apply it on my nails & cuticles  too. 

Honored Contributor

I also decided to try the Perfect Formula after deciding against the Julep the other day.  However, I forgot and didn't order until late in the evening so I am on Waitlist.  We'll see.  I liked the subdued colors and that she said it was dry in 2 minutes.  I may just use the pink stuff more than anything else, but maybe I can at least have nice neails for the winter.  They tend to get brittle in winter, but in spring and summer I'm just too rough on them working in the yard to keep them painted.  I really need something good for my cuticles though.  They get hard and bad hangnails, especially on the middle fingers.

Honored Contributor

@RedRedHair wrote:

@Shanus It was Doris Crary, the creator of ProStrong.  The products are still available on QVC as well as the ProStrong web site.

@RedRedHair  Wow, what a memory!!! I knew it had something to do w/ nail strength. Yes, Pro Strong. Thanks. Don’t you hate when you try to remember something and it’s 1/2 blank? 🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

Perfect Formula does as well as any product considering the beating my hands take making jewelry. Another strange thing is that my ring finger nails breaks about 1/2 way down on the inside edge...have to always use nail glue...couldn’t figure out why. DD who’s a hygienist said when I floss my teeth, I’m probably wrapping floss around and pressing down between teeth w/ those fingers & slitting that place on those nails. To the rescue, Floss Threaders. Look like wishbones w/ floss, no pressing down w/ fingers needed. 

I also add a 2nd coat of PF mid-week & remove as directed each week, but at bedtime. They get that time, with oil, to breathe.