Valued Contributor

Over 60 skin needs firming and not happy with texture.

I have been using PTR Retinol and I think it is drying my skin and my skin doesn't like it. The texture seems rough and need a change.

Looking for an economical new regimine to firm, smooth and moisturize and help with fine lines. Marrionette lines are also happening and just need a little help with firming and jowls.

I don't ask for much! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Over 60 skin needs firming and not happy with texture.

Agree - drying - had to dump Peter's great ???  product down the drain.  Too late for refund b/c I really gave it a try.  Expensive experiment.

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121 wrote:

I have been using PTR Retinol and I think it is drying my skin and my skin doesn't like it. The texture seems rough and need a change.

Looking for an economical new regimine to firm, smooth and moisturize and help with fine lines. Marrionette lines are also happening and just need a little help with firming and jowls.

I don't ask for much! LOL

@Theresa1121   Breaking the news gently...you may find another more gentle retinol product and a good moisturizer, but nothing topical will firm skin, take away jowls or marionette lines except injections and/or surgery.

Super Contributor

Try facial exercises! There are many videos on YouTube, just enter “firming jowls”,”facial exercises”, or “face yoga” in the search. Heck, I’ve even gotten my Facial Flex out of a drawer and started using that again. No matter what exercises you do, it will take time to see improvement & you’ll have to keep it up.

Any retinol appears to be drying as it gets rid of the dead skin on the surface so you have to follow up with exfoliating the next day. Getting rid of that surface skin will allow your moisturizer to penetrate and your face to feel smoother; otherwise it’s all a gunky mess!

if you haven’t tried Dr. Denese’s facial firming pads, give those a shot.

Currently,  I am loving the Andalou Naturals 1000 roses floral toner & day cream and Medix 5.5 collagen & hyaluronic acid serum, all available on Amazon. I wear sunscreen every day.

I’ve added a Marine Collagen supplement to my diet, too. And, I try to smile as my “resting face”. I feel better taking these steps & taking care of myself, and when I feel better, I look better.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Regular Contributor

Skinn Cosmetics has a TSV coming up on HSN on March 6. Pep 40 Cream and serum. This may help with texture.  

Honored Contributor

I like Isomers Retiniacin but don't use it daily.

I also like her Matrixyl-4 & Deep Crease products for the things you mentioned. They work for me or I would not buy them.

Honored Contributor

Although not for everyone, microneedling has done amazing things for my skin such as wrinkle reduction, shrink pores and tighten/firm my skin. For all the things I do for my skin I believe needling is the single most effective thing that I have ever done to improve the appearance of my skin. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Isomers is the best line for the money. You get good product for the price, but I wouldn't call it economical.

So for a more economically priced line, I would recommend Elysee on HSN. Use the brown and blue serums along with whichever Elysee moisturizer appeals to you, and you will have a great firming and smoothing regimen.

I also echo @cantdrive55 . Facial isometric exercises are very effective. Plus exercise is free. The exercises in the video linked below are goofy looking but they lift up your cheek area and that reduces jowls.

https://youtu.be/wZd0FCBFn5w

The lady's name is Koko Hayashi. The third exercise she does in the video is my favorite. That one looks kind of funny and cute, instead of crazed. I've done it in front of DH and he laughed in a good way. It has made a major difference in how my facial structure appears. Not kidding or exaggerating.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121  I am using No 7 Restore and Renew night cream and it does firm the skin but you have to give it a few weeks and then use it everyday.  Check out their products.  Some are wonderful and work at a reasonable price.  Check online at Target.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

IMHO, facial exercises add to wrinkles. The eyes, mouth and neck are the most mobile parts of the facial area. These are also the areas that show signs of age first. Why would you purposely exercise them more?

Muscles in the body are different. There’s a thicker layer of skin and tissue on top. Exercise there is beneficial. Collagen thinning is not as much of an issue as it is on the face. We’ve all heard about the thin, delicate skin around the eyes, use the fourth finger to pat on creams gently underneath. Why manipulate that area more than we do in our daily expressions?