New Contributor

I have these annoying small bumps on my forehead. My skin is dry and flaky around these bumps. I feel like it has something to do with the skincare products that I have tired with all those different ingredients in them. I want to use a product that is organic. Suggestions please...

Frequent Contributor

Be careful with the organic products.  I just posted that i was using Suzanne Somers skin care products, and broke out in red blotches with small little bumbs.  I went to my derm and brought the SS products for her to look at,  The derm told me that just because it is organic does not make it good.  She found some ingredients in the products that would cause skin irritation.  I am sending the products back.  Maybe it will work for you, but not for me.

Respected Contributor

Please read about what "organic" means in cosmetics.  You will find it does not equate with purity or products that are "safe".  I can go and rub against a rose petal and be fine, but my neighbor might break out.  Each of us are different.

Honored Contributor

Re: Organic Products

[ Edited ]

@MeghanW If that is all you think it is okay otherwise see a doctor.  Botanical is a line that Target carries online and Walgreens carries online.  Organic and reasonable, made in England.  I believe it is 85% organic and that may go down or up either way.  I had one of their products that I like. Botanical does have decent organic/natural products.  Remember if it doesn't work out for you, you can return to both Target and Walgreens.   Do you exfoliate?  That's another good thing to do at least once a week followed by moisturizer or an oil at bedtime.  Juice Beauty is organic but a little pricey.  You can always Google organic skincare to get more options.  :catvery-happy:

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Meghan;

First --- be sure nothing is medically wrong.  Go see a derm.  Could be your skin is reacting to something it doesn't like; could be milia; could be whiteheads ... could be a million things; but without a professional opinion you're just sifting grains of sand.

But to be more specifically helpful  -- if all you're interested in at this time is a good organic line, try 100 percent pure dot com.  Used to be on the "Q" here years and years ago..........I've been using it ever since.  I like the coffee bean eye cream, and the multi-vitamin and antioxidants ultra riche PM treatment night cream.  In the winter here in the frozen tundra I use a heavier night cream; but it's not organic so I'll leave that out.  I also use 100%'s  body butter (heaven!!) -- comparable to L'Occitane but without all the strong fragrance.  I also like their mascaras and eye pencils.  Not so much the line's other makeup offerings; but, of course, you may.  And they send enough samples with each order that you should soon have a good grasp of whether or not you like the line.  They also have a wonderful bath bar that is absolutely HUGE and we generally cut it into three or four hunks and each of those last a long long time.  Or there is a liquid shower gel with scents to match the body butter.

I also like the Andalou Naturals Fruit Enzyme Mask which is a very gentle method of exfoliation; and for problem areas try MyChelle Pure Harmony Serum.

Good luck in your search!

Honored Contributor

If this is a new condition, I would suggest seeing a dermatologist. I seriously doubt that it would be caused by not using organic products.

I would also be careful about the well-intended recommendation to exfoliate until you find out what might be causing your problem.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Good morning MeghanW

I agree with the others about checking with a doctor to see what it is but if you are looking for organic or at least"cleaner" brands 2 that I have been very satisfied with are Devita and Andalou Naturals . They each have their own webstie and you can buy themat places like VitaCost and WHole Foods